The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally Gonna Happen!

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    ConceptSleeper

Finally Gonna Happen!

well i got the ok from my wife to get my new engine!! After a long thought process i have decided to go with the DOHC Non-Turbo 4G63, a lot of factors went into choosing the n/t version, its a good price for the n/t and if i want to later on i can slap a turbo on!, direct bolt in no extra wiring(cept for the butterflys in the intake) but here she is: im ordering her on the 1st!!!!

Galant GK1
    nice

Prolab
    Hope you realize that the n/a motors have a higher compression than the turbo motors.

Galant GK1
    what other mods would need to be done to to do swap a cyclone engine like concept is. I dont know too much about engines. and i am hoping in the future( but prolly not n e tmie too sooon) too do the saem swap, and would jus like to kno what all is involved.

thanks

ConceptSleeper
    it is a direct bolt in, the only thing is for the butterflys to work in the intake manifold you need to do some wiring!!

yeah i am aware that the n/a's have higher compression, i will throw some forged pistons and tighten up the bottem end before i throw the turbo on!

it looks like it is gonna be about 2-3 more months before i can finish it up, the motor in my Grand Prix GTP is blown and i just picked one up w/o the SC for $550.00, so that is my current project since it is my daily driver and the G isnt~!!

I thought the cyclones WERE turbo motors? Am I wrong or is there a cylone turbo and cyclone n/a?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nious (aka Kimya)
    I thought the cyclones WERE turbo motors? Am I wrong or is there a cylone turbo and cyclone n/a?
    Befor we proceede... What is the main diference between Ciclone and regular intake manies??? :oops:

ken inn
    the cyclone intake has 2 sets of "runners". each intake pipe has dual chambers, one short, one long. a set of butterflies(just like the one on the throttle body, except there are 4) control whether one set or both sets of runners are in operation. at idle and low speed, the butterflies close, and only allow incoming air thru the longer runners, and there is a physics term that is used to describe this process, i forgot what it is called. what it does is increase power in the lower rpms. also, under cruise conditions, it gives better fuel economy. also, it improves throttle response. kind of a very early version of variable valve timing.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Congrats. Enjoy.
    -Pedro

Ok thank you! Now back to my question...Is there two versions? I always thought the cyclone engine WAS turbo. Is that wrong? I have seen them advertised as such and I damn near bought one...I would be pissed if I bought it and it wasnt turbo!

ken inn
    turbo engines come both cyclone and non. not sure about n/a, probably the same. you need the jdm ecu to make the cyclone work properly, it can be rigged to work, i have a working one on my car. there is some wiring involved, and i use 2 solenoids and a boost pressure switch.

Thank you that answers my question!

Thank you that answers my question!