The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: soch question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    JGR_Galant

soch question

hello i want to know if i can use a header of a doch turbo in a soch because i am searching a header. i want to put a turbo in my 4g63 soch motor. if anybody know how to put a turbo easily in a soch let me know thanks

Rasko Da Gama

Re: soch question

Quote Originally Posted by JGR_Galant
    ... i want to put a turbo in my 4g63 soch motor. if anybody know how to put a turbo easily in a soch let me know thanks
    Easily ... ---> no, way buddy. It's a big project, it has been done before, but it is hard and very expensive job.
    Check out these page, maybe you'll find some usefull info there.
    You'll need to lower compresion, make custom exhaust manyfold to fit SOHC head, and get all these pats and some oher:
    - Turbo ECU
    - Exhuast manifold
    - Turbo (14b and not bigger, I don't think bigger turbo would be OK for SOHC head)
    - O2 Housing
    - Downpipe
    - Front Mount Intercooler, BOV, And all Piping
    - Turbo bumper (you'll need space for intercooler)
    - Knock sensor
    - MAS from a turbo 1g or even better a 2G t/e/l/ MAF and 2G K&N air filter (for better air-flow)
    - Bigger fuel pump (Walbro with 255 flow or sth similar)
    - Turbo fuel lines
    - Fuel Pressure Regulator
    - 450cc or larger fuel injectors
    - boost guage
    - some Apexi SAFC engine management sistem or sth similar
    - injector resistor pack
    - and it would be wise to upgarde to bigger side-vented breaks (for stoping that monster )

These are not all of the things, but go and check out prices, the time you'l need to do this upgrade and you'll see that it would be way cheaper to just get a 4G63 turbo DOHC engine

Whatever you do - good luck

Galant GK1
    do an engine swap. even if u go through the long and expensive process of doing all of that, the sohc still might not hold up to the turbo and you could blow your engine. Plus after all that it would be just about the same price or even maybe cheaper just to do a swap.

J apmetal
    If you can find a written-off car with the engine in you want, it'll probably even be cheaper to do the swap.