The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: G's with bodykits

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    NightHawkTL

G's with bodykits

hey guys, i just want to know from those that had bodykits put on, a rough estimate on install/labor... thanks

well i dont have one...but i know that it all depends on the kit, and all depends on the store u goin wit.... theere might be frame work needed to do, i know u need to get the reinfocement brace of the front unless u get the intial v that is in a group buy that is bolt on.... but it all depends on the shop. hope that helps somewhat even though i didnt give ya a price
    Diego

MilitaryMind03

Shogun Kit

well, it sure wasn't cheap because I didn't do the work myself, but yeah ordering the kit cost me roughly $1150 including shipping, and $300 to put the kit on.....

Re: Shogun Kit

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMind03
    well, it sure wasn't cheap because I didn't do the work myself, but yeah ordering the kit cost me roughly $1150 including shipping, and $300 to put the kit on.....
    Only $300 to put the kit on? That's a great deal. The paint alone should cost more than that. I would say a general price would be around $1,000 - $2,000 depending on which kit and how well it fits, and whether or not you want the headlight gaps filled in and a custom crash bar made up (the stock crash bar won't fit). I guess it also depends on the area you live in and how much hourly labor charges are.

MilitaryMind03

Cost....

I haven't even gotten it painted yet...cuzz right now i can't afford to lose my car for 2-3 days..but the paint is going to cost at least $800 minimum and that's just an okay job....but i hope i get a picture up soon, so people can help me out with what to do next.......

MilitaryMind03

suggestions....

this might not be the right forum.....but if anyone got any clues as to what next to do.....

much appreciated....

[email protected]

Word to the wise you get what you payfor. I spend 300 on tools and supplies to put it on with some help. And I spend about 700 getting all the work fixed.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Dave@SE
    It definitely depends on the kit and the shop that puts it on. The shop I went to charges $2000 and up for paint and install.

junito_MiGallanta
    the shop i went charged me 500 dollers with the kit painted ....the best thin to do is to keep on lookin till u find dat one shop ...

Say i only want the front bumper (to those who have seen my car you know why)

do i only pay for enough paint to paint that part, or do i have to pay for the overall paint job. in other words, does it cost the same to paint a whole body kit as opposed to a tiny front bumper? =) i know just getting the front bumper probably will only run me about 200-300 right?

i got a real deal on my kit at www.nopionline.com but paid out the ass for my paint
    you do what you do because it feels good to ya