The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Parts list for DIY 4G64 turbocharging

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48
    this may be a n00b questoin (thats what i am, cant deny it) but whats the cheapest i can go and install a turbo? can i run without an intercooler? i wanna get around 60-100 extra horsepower so i think a turbo would be my best bet

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i think brandon's is the cheapest i've ever heard it dropping down to. you can run without an intercooler....with a water kit. which can be more expensive and difficult. so basically you need an intercooler unless you got money.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think brandon's is the cheapest i've ever heard it dropping down to. you can run without an intercooler....with a water kit. which can be more expensive and difficult. so basically you need an intercooler unless you got money.</div>
    i talked to one of my freind and his 240sx has 10lbs of boost just running straight to the intake, no cooling at all

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think brandon's is the cheapest i've ever heard it dropping down to. you can run without an intercooler....with a water kit. which can be more expensive and difficult. so basically you need an intercooler unless you got money.</div>
    i talked to one of my freind and his 240sx has 10lbs of boost just running straight to the intake, no cooling at all</div>

lol, i dont know about that

i know a civic in the next town that running coolant into his intake cause it cools the engine according to him

1994 Galant GS 5spd

he didnt install it himself, so im not sure if it really works or not. all i know is, at some point he cracked the block and its parked for now, maybe from being installed bad

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'>he didnt install it himself, so im not sure if it really works or not. all i know is, at some point he cracked the block and its parked for now, maybe from being installed bad</div>

ROFL Good stuff. You need an intercooler.

Turbo install will give you 60-100hp, but it'll cost you more than $2000.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'>this may be a n00b questoin (thats what i am, cant deny it) but whats the cheapest i can go and install a turbo? can i run without an intercooler? i wanna get around 60-100 extra horsepower so i think a turbo would be my best bet</div>

Read up on it and do it your self. A shop will rape you on a price.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'>this may be a n00b questoin (thats what i am, cant deny it) but whats the cheapest i can go and install a turbo? can i run without an intercooler? i wanna get around 60-100 extra horsepower so i think a turbo would be my best bet</div>

Read up on it and do it your self. A shop will rape you on a price.</div>

word

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123