The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Parts list for DIY 4G64 turbocharging

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    brandon
    14b, 16g fit also.

GalantsArePoopy
    if swapping the 4g63 head onto our engine will make it DOHC (is this correct?) then if you take off the header to use the turbo exhaust manifold to turbo our engine, then with no head what OHC is it? single or double?

im new to cars, so if this doesnt make sense try and direct me towards the knowledge of the elders:)

the_kage
    Ok.. if you swap for a 4g63t... that number, 4g63, refers to the Block. The bottom of the engine. On top of the block you have the... You guessed it, the head.
    There are DOHC heads for our block, the 4g64. The 94gs came stock DOHC and there are several members of this board who have been doing the swap. Its still a Non Turbo Application.
    If you swap for a 4g63, *turbo hopefully* I belive... however I may be wrong.. there are both SOHC and DOHC heads for that block. So doing the swap wouldn't flat out mean either way that you would have DOHC or SOHC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantsArePoopy)</div><div class='quotemain'>if swapping the 4g63 head onto our engine will make it DOHC (is this correct?) then if you take off the header to use the turbo exhaust manifold to turbo our engine, then with no head what OHC is it? single or double?

im new to cars, so if this doesnt make sense try and direct me towards the Â*knowledge of the elders:)</div>

Is this a very bad idea?
    Turboed running on stock internals.
    Hehehe :twisted: im a cheap basterd I jus wanna run it on stock rods n pistons :x
    I kno its not good but to what extent?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

sethmo
    You are fine as long as you have the right amount of fuel, tuning is good, and you do not overboost.

ALL 4g63t engines are 2.0L DOHC engines

the_kage
    This is off of a evo.. but its still 4g63t right?
    Would it work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2470127355

brandon
    Work on the 4G64? No. You might be able to use the TB but the manifold won't mate.

is the 4G64 off the Eclipse spyder the same as the 4G64 in the 8g (probably flipped 180 right). if that is the case could an 8G use the same parts...
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

brandon
    The 2G Eclipse spyder is the same as a 7G, and the 8Gs are flipped, yes. Certain parts are interchangeable.

sethmo
    8gs can use any 4g63t turbo exhaust manifold as can 7gers

the_kage
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>8gs can use any 4g63t turbo exhaust manifold as can 7gers</div>

SO that mani will work Seth?

brandon
    EXHAUST manifold will fit, INTAKE manifold will not.

i have a questions........i get the jist of everything that i have to do exept for one thing, wtf do i do with this long, crooked and everyone sais is a water line....lol, im lost on where it goes
    TEAM GENESIS

brandon
    Got a picture?

You should have two water lines coming off the turbo... a feed and a return. You'll have to buy some coolant hose so that they reach where they gotta go... the metal line itself isn't long enough.

If it's a really crooked line (like 3-4 bends), it's the stock oil line.

My water/coolant lines had only one bend each. You can see one of 'em in this pic:

stock oil feed?

it looks nothing like the pic
    TEAM GENESIS

brandon
    Yeah the stock oil lines have crazy bends... you won't wanna use those.

If you haven't already, get the RRE SS braided oil feed (www.roadraceengineering.com) and a good oil return line from www.turbochargers.com

The coolant lines should be fairly short, with only the one bend like that pic.

GPTourer
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gir)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>New question time (you know you love it):

When buying the turbo exhaust manifold, say stock mani from a 2G eclipse, what size turbos will fit it?</div>

T25 flanged Turbos</div>

Might have been answered earlier, but I just wanted to clear this up.
    The above answer is wrong. A turbo must have a Mitsubishi exhaust housing to bolt up to a 1g or 2G exhaust manifold (ported 2G is best) Garrett turbos straight from Garrett don't have Mitsubishi exhaust housings because they are Garretts. The T-25's they sold to Mitsubisishi have been modified to fit their cars. So if DSM guys want to go "full Garrett" instead of hybrid, they have to buy a Garrett flanged manifold designed to fit a DSM head. Confusing? Yes, but it gets worse.

If you guys use a Garrett T-25 (or T-28) (that smiley is supposed to be an 8, I can'tmake it go away.) designed for a DSM, you can use the intercooler piping path of a 2G to rig up your intercooler. If you use a Mitsubishi 14B or 16G style turbo you will need a j-pipe to use the 2G style intercooler pipe routing.

The last part may be moot, since you guys are probably having to custom bend your intercooler piping, whcih is fine. I just don't know if you can mount a DSM sidemount intercooler on a Galant, or if you all are using front mounts.

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GPTourer)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    The last part may be moot, since you Â*guys are probably having to custom bend your intercooler piping, whcih is fine. I just don't know if you can mount a DSM sidemount intercooler on a Galant, or if you all are using front mounts.</div>

FYI, you have to eliminate some emissions crap, but a DSM SMIC will fit.

ay brandon around how much did all the parts and everything cost u? if u dont mind me asking.

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>ay brandon around how much did all the parts and everything cost u? if u dont mind me asking.</div>

For "everything", I guess it ran me around $1500 or so, give or take a couple hundred. That includes all parts, installation of the exhaust, and the few tools I ended up having to buy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast