The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bad Torque converter

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Airbus A320

Bad Torque converter

I hate to keep posting in this forum but it seems like everything is going bad at one time. Now when I take my foot off the gas the car shutters and it feels like the engine is trying to slow the car down. I did a search and some people said this is the torque converter. I went online and the price of the converter is $1400.00. Does this part really cost this much?!?!?! What kind of warranty does this thing have? I know my cat had a 80,000 mile waranty. Does the torque converter have yje same type of waranty???

i believe its under your drivetrain warranty or about 60k miles. but check your warranty book.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

its not a torque converter.

take it in and have it checked out.

Airbus A320
    Yeah I set up an appointment for 8:00 AM. It sucks to keep having to take time out from work to take a car in to the shop. All the GM cars I owned never needed to go to the shop until around 120,000 miles but this damn Galant is killing me. Manybrews do you think it is my trans about to go?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Airbus A320)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I set up an appointment for 8:00 AM. It sucks to keep having to take time out from work to take a car in to the shop. All the GM cars I owned never needed to go to the shop until around 120,000 miles but this damn Galant is killing me. Manybrews do you think it is my trans about to go?</div>

no. Although more description of the problem may help. frankly, your current description sounds exactly like normal operation (releasing the gas makes the car slow down!).

do you have any more information regarding this "problem"?

Airbus A320
    No i mean it feels like as soon as I take my foot off the gas the car is climbing up a hill, the engine gets kind of loud, the car shutters and starts to slow down fast as hell like I sifted into a lower gear. I know the car is supposed to slow down but I have never had a car do this.