The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pinche car

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Brianguy

Pinche car

As i had posted earlier, i had some power loss. I'll start the car and it'll be fine but after a while if i slow to a stop and proceed...i'll have very little power taking off. I also have no power going uphill. Sometimes when im driving it feels like the trans slipped or somethin real hard. The idle is where it should be and i replaced my valve cover gasket (was leaking) and a couple engine mounts. Anyone have a suggestion as to what i should do or have checked?

Brianguy
    i started my car today and it was idling at around 500 :x it warmed up and went up to 600 and i drove it a lil then it went to 800.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    same problem on my 7G. anyone got any ideas?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

escoson
    take it in for service or check the tranny yourself, sounds like its mturning to mush

Brianguy
    but would that explain the power loss? goin up the slightest incline it just doesnt have teh power.

GalantGuy96
    is it just when u start or is it the whole time? check your filters.

Automatic?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brianguy)</div><div class='quotemain'>but would that explain the power loss? goin up the slightest incline it just doesnt have teh power.</div>

I guess you've got an automatic, don't you?
    Well, if it so happen's that you don't, here goes:
    I experienced severe power loss when driving uphill and even when accelerating in higher gears (3rd, 4th, 5th) on flat roads.
    And my car is a 5-speed!!!!!

I couldn't figure it out at first, but my cousin (who happens to be a mechanic at the local Mitsubishi outlet) and I came to the conclusion that some internal damping material having loosened from a muffler in the exhaust system was keeping the exhaust from flowing freely. Sounded reasonable enough, considering the exhaust system is the one that came with the car :-) The car's got approx 320.000kms to it now, and had about 280.000kms at the time. With that kind of miles on a car, something's bound to break down sooner or later.
    But we fixed it the easy way:
    Took it out on the open road and revved it up to 6.000rpms in 1st and 2nd gear several times to push any loose objects out. Never had any problems since then

Jan K
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

Brianguy
    8) i replaced the air filter, its nice n clean. fuel filter got replaced 2 months ago. just changed the motor oil and trans oil. this car is startin to piss me off :x

J apmetal
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianguy
    8) i replaced the air filter, its nice n clean. fuel filter got replaced 2 months ago. just changed the motor oil and trans oil. this car is startin to piss me off :x
    If you love it, it will love you right back

I know you're dealing with someone else's lack of maintenance [or jsut bad luck that the dodgy problems are coming out now] But if you sort them out & look after it properly, you'll get no end of peasure from tearing up the backroads 8)

Brianguy
    when i first bought the car a year ago i changed the trans fluid... it came out blacker then the blackest burnt motor oil u ever seen bastard neglected a galant, i should track him down and beat him up.

J apmetal
    That's the spirit !! :twisted:

Phase24

problem

i had similar problem and i had the idling motor replaced
    no problems now

Brianguy
    yea im pretty that must be it. theres nothing else i can find wrong. how much did it cost for a replacement?

bongi
    must be the clutch if it is a 5 speed. if it is an auto, check the OD switch or clutch. it will be a $400 fix.

Brianguy
    400?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!