The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing the universal Z3 gill inserts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

installing the universal Z3 gill inserts

hey guys, just wondering if any one has posted anything regarding installing the universal Z3 inserts. If there were fitment problems? I know ill have to cut the part of it thats not gilled. It looks to me that these inserts are from a BMW cause theres a place where the BMW emblem goes in. Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to install? Also its made out of fiberglass and the fender is metal, afraid that it might crack due to temerature changes. Dont know if its worth the money installing them . Help ! :?

escoson
    ide say between 250-400 for install and paint depending where you shop around

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    where did u get them?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i got pics of a galant wit em! so let me post it up!

Diego

Alister_McRae
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got pics of a galant wit em! so let me post it up!

</div>

Those are two different Fenders, one has cuts going down, the others look like they have cuts going across.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got pics of a galant wit em! so let me post it up!

</div>

Those are two different Fenders, one has cuts going down, the others look like they have cuts going across.</div>

If I'm remembering correctly, the 1st black G has the "Porshe boxer type" vents, the 2nd and 3rd G's have the M3/M5 vents and the Z3 vents are different. We've all seen them, but they are pictured in the link that MajorGroove posted above.

sorry guys i feel bad for postin the wrong pics.. jsut thought itd help guess it didnt.. im horrible im sorry :cry:
    Diego

I'm feelin the Galant in the top pic with the inserts, but I'm not sure about the real Z3 inserts. What are you gonna do with that big round depression if you don't cut it off? You can usually find universal inserts on ebay without the spot for the BMW badge. That might be a better option.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Too late i already got it with the extension for the emblem so ill just have the body shop cut it off and so it should be fittable then. Im surprised nobodys got them on a G. Ill post pics when i get it installed im getting it done this friday with the body kit.

the_kage
    Does anybody have a pic of these on a G?
    http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_miscell...scoop_type1.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_kage)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody have a pic of these on a G?
    http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_miscellaneous_roof_scoop_type1.htm</div>
    Gawd I hope not... what purpose would it serve??
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_kage)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody have a pic of these on a G?
    http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_miscellaneous_roof_scoop_type1.htm</div>

if you find someone with that on their roof, make sure you smack the FUCK out of them

This pic defines my sig pic

I saw this car in person...dude got the nerve to have Eibach stickers on his car...I didn't know Eibach made lift kits....with all the stickers on his car, he should have at least 400 hp

MitsuRacer
    The flares that are vertical are regular Z3 stuff, the horizontal ones are M series flares. In my opinion, i wouldn't deal with this site, cause it looks like some jackass from that company is just buying the flares from a dealership or the manufacturer, cause aftermarket flares are just supposed to resemble the real ones, not be the real thing. I work at a BMW/Lexus dealership and I remember awhile ago that the parts guy at beemer was telling me about a dude trying to buy like 200 of them for a website, I dont remember the details.....if I were you I'd shop around till you find some that dont have that space for an emblem. Maybe you can find a Mitsubishi emblem that will fit in there, that would look sweet. Good Luck!! :twisted:

GaLanT
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(L.I. 4 Banga)</div><div class='quotemain'>This pic defines my sig pic

I saw this car in person...dude got the nerve to have Eibach stickers on his car...I didn't know Eibach made lift kits....with all the stickers on his car, he should have at least 400 hp </div>

exactly what i was thinking..and i'm not feelin this particular insert...

electricjoe

kit?

its has been awhile since I've been here, but I was just wondering what body kit is on the red bottom G?

Eibach stickers on his car...I didn't know Eibach made lift kits
    Now THAT is funny!!!
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    id get the m3 style inserts if anything cause those z3 inserts are very ugly except when they are seen on z3s
    7g for life!

HA!!! so my pictures were usefull!!!!! jp! id agree with seth... m3 style instrtes will look better... the z3 will look bad in the car just like on that one :?
    Diego

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast