The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Good to be back

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    theguy526

Good to be back

Just wanted to say hello to all of the Grandpa Galant owners out there. I was a registered user here for a year or so, but just stopped coming to this sight. It is very nice to see so many 6th gen Galant enthusiasts.

welcome back then
    Semper Fi'

Rasko Da Gama
    Welcome again buddy

When I am looking at mods you did to your SOHC engine... can you tell how much horsepower did you gain, well... how much is it now?

Nice list of mods for a SOHC, that's for sure... And over 300.000 miles - no rebuild? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    What can I say - > R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
    You are sure a devoted 6G owner

ConceptSleeper
    Unorthodox Makes UDPs for the SOHC 4G63???

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ConceptSleeper)</div><div class='quotemain'>Unorthodox Makes UDPs for the SOHC 4G63???</div>

What is Unorthodox UDP anyway? :oops:

theguy526
    First, to answer the question of "what is an underdrive pulley kit?" To help gain horse power, the most reliable way to do so is by reduction of weight on rotating mass (for every pound you can get rid of you gain about 2.7 hp) with your accessory pulleys (alternator, water pump, and the drive pulley/crankshaft pulley) you can not only gain more power by reducing weight, but also size (such as the larger your wheel size overall, the less acceleration). To answer the question of "how much hp might I have now?" Never had it dyno'd, but from the horse power gains the things I have, have given to a DOHC 4G63, I am probably sitting around 170 hp (stock is 102 for those who don't know). I have an auto transmission, and found out that Pro-Torque, makes a performance torque converter that will work on my car, reducing power loss through the drive train from about 23-27% down to 12-16%. So, after I finally get new rotors, that is what I am getting next, then I will be re-chipping my ECU. Most aftermarket parts for a DOHC 4G63 will work on a SOHC engine. And by the way (as if this isn't long enough already), using 8 gauge power wire works well for redoing your ground wiring, when I put a previously nonexsistent ground in connecting my chassis directly to the drivers side engine mount, I am guessing my torque went up by about 8-10 lb/ft. It really works!

ConceptSleeper
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theguy526)</div><div class='quotemain'>First, to answer the question of "what is an underdrive pulley kit?" Â*To help gain horse power, the most reliable way to do so is by reduction of weight on rotating mass (for every pound you can get rid of you gain about 2.7 hp) Â*with your accessory pulleys (alternator, water pump, and the drive pulley/crankshaft pulley) you can not only gain more power by reducing weight, but also size (such as the larger your wheel size overall, the less acceleration). Â*</div>

To add to this, you do not want to Underdrive your alternator too much if you are running a decent sized stereo system!!

theguy526
    Thanks for the consideration, and I didn't replace my alternator pulley. Not that I didn't try, but the bastard wouldn't come off anyway, and after trying twice to get it off, I thought about that and figured it wasn't worth it.