The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: daytime runing lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

daytime runing lights

I am wondering, I have saw several 8g Galants on the road with the headlights on during the day, but mine do not have this feature, or are those peoples turning on their lights? also, Does any Galant came with "heads-up display"? :?
    De que estamos hablando?

Re: daytime runing lights

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PR8GG)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am wondering, I have saw several 8g Galants on the road with the headlights on during the day, but mine do not have this feature, or are those peoples turning on their lights? also, Does any Galant came with "heads-up display"? :?</div>

i am pretty sure there is not such thing as daytime running lights. they just turn em on,, or someone like me i never turn mine off when i turn the car off,, it just shuts off by it self...

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

:?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i am pretty sure there is not such thing as daytime running lights.</div>

There is a such things daytime running lights.. most of the newer cars have it.. it is a saftey feature. Galants dont have it, at least thru 2002, I cant say for 2003. Like Kho said they probably just had thier lights on.. you can get a module to have them on all the time.. most insurance companies offer a discount for these too...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>:? Â*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i am pretty sure there is not such thing as daytime running lights.</div>

There is a such things daytime running lights.. most of the newer cars have it.. it is a saftey feature. Galants dont have it, at least thru 2002, I cant say for 2003. Like Kho said they probably just had thier lights on.. you can get a module to have them on all the time.. most insurance companies offer a discount for these too...</div>

yea thats what i told em.. when i said i am pretty sure ther is not suck thing as daytime running lights man there is not suck thing is GALANT.

come on chrome was not born yesterday.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

were can I get that module?
    De que estamos hablando?

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Why expend the money, just drive with your lights on or do the fog light mod. Kho, i have no idea where the link is at, wanna do the honors?
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'> Kho, i have no idea where the link is at, wanna do the honors?</div>

here is link to the Fog Light MOD.

oh fuck i cant find it. its here some where...

umm check on www.club3g.org

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

I don't have my galant yet, but my moms is a 2002 and whenever I drive it, I just turn the lights on, (number 1 because an insurance company totally fucked me over one time cuz they claimed I didn't have my headlights on when the lady wasn't simply paying attention.) And plus her lights turn off when the car turns off. (my 22 year old car cant do that )

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

And to answer the second half of your question, no, there is no Galant with HUD. The only car I've ever seen it on is the 50th anniversary Corvette I drove last week. It is the coolest feature I've ever seen on a car. You never have to take your eyes off the road. But the computer that controls it is buried in the dash and there is no way to retrofit it without major ducketts!!!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    I think I read somewhere that all Canadian cars are required to have daytime running lights. However, remember that running your headlights during the day also drains fuel. I forgot where I found this but I'm pretty sure it's from HowStuffWorks website. If everyone runs their headlights during the day we'd use up something like 365,000 barrels of extra oil.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't have my galant yet, but my moms is a 2002 and whenever I drive it, I just turn the lights on, (number 1 because an insurance company totally fucked me over one time cuz they claimed I didn't have my headlights on when the lady wasn't simply paying attention.) And plus her lights turn off when the car turns off. (my 22 year old car cant do that )</div>

I used to leave my lights on all the time, but now for some reason when I try to start the damn car with the lights on...it starts for 1 sec and then turns off. Started when I put my reverse dash lights in :?:
    Also, I get "high-beamed" alot if I have my lights on, must need to be readjusted because I'm blinding everyone

i dunno if you guys noticed or not but on many cars with daytime running lights, its not the actualy main big ass headlight bulb that is on all the time but many times a small lil city light buried under the main headlight that turns on during the day.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dunno if you guys noticed or not but on many cars with daytime running lights, its not the actualy main big ass headlight bulb that is on all the time but many times a small lil city light buried under the main headlight that turns on during the day.</div>
    Yup, like Allan said, and in some cars the tailights aren't on with the DRL's either. I found that out when I rented a Cavalier and drove it at night...Duh!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I am absolutely sure that the newer Chevy malibu has daytime running lights because I almost got one, (thank God I didnt, they were charging an arm and a leg) I think Impalas do too, not sure about them.

GalantLadie
    my sister has a 96 monte carlo and she has daytime running lamps and it is a tottally different bulb that when u turn on the headlights it turns off

I'd love to have a V-8 monte carlo, listen to those flowmasters go baby (sorry I'm a muscle car fan too)

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N.H.GalantLadie)</div><div class='quotemain'>my sister has a 96 monte carlo and she has daytime running lamps and it is a tottally different bulb that when u turn on the headlights it turns off</div>

Yeah I've noticed that daytime running lights are usually on twin beam headlight systems. The highbeam is usually the daytime running light and they go off when the lowbeams come on.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Angelina264

Lights

Wassup! We don't have daytime running lights. But I discovered that if you have your lights on and turn off the car they automatically shut off when you open the door. And then when you go to start the engine again they come back on. I never turn my lights off manually, so during the day they stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    And to answer the second half of your question, no, there is no Galant with HUD. The only car I've ever seen it on is the 50th anniversary Corvette I drove last week. It is the coolest feature I've ever seen on a car. You never have to take your eyes off the road. But the computer that controls it is buried in the dash and there is no way to retrofit it without major ducketts!!!
    if the HUD (heads up display) means that speedometer is shown up on the windshield, then I believe the pontiac grand prix's have them.

this is a pic from ebaymotors on a 1999 pontiac grand prix gtp

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryans99es2.4
    if the HUD (heads up display) means that speedometer is shown up on the windshield, then I believe the pontiac grand prix's have them.
    I think Chip meant that the only car he's personally seen them in. Everyone knows Cadillac has HUD in some of their vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast