The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The UK!!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Senior TGC Member

The UK!!

What's going on?!? Did they cut the Galant completely from the line-up? I can't find it anywhere on their websites It would seem the last Galants ever to be made will be 2002-2003 models.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

yo peter i think they did but not sure check the following post.

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16751

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

-Ballernation-
    That sucks cuz UK had a field day with all those VR-4s and Legnum spinning around. If you think they had all crap we're getting the shitter 9G for a consolation prize. I'd rather see the Galant line go away than see the 9G out of the production factory. :shock:

The Galant has been cut from the UK line-up. However, the car is still in production and sold elsewhere in Europe and the rest of the world.
    The next gen JDM Galant, if it will still be called that, is scheduled to come out late calendar year 2004 or early 2005. :shock:
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

Is this new uk galant gona be like the us version? Or is this gona be another accord type difference where its totally different car?

Kieran
    My dealer wasn't sure wether or not there'll actually be a 9G Galant in the UK... The 8G was a cracker, but never really took of in the way it deserved to... Over here, people favor big saloons made by a European, rather than a Japanese marque.

IF they import it, I suspect they'd need to sort out the looks before bringing it over here - European taste is rather fickle, and at the moment, I'd say that people would take a look at it and run screaming back to their Mercedes C-Classes and BMW 3s...

My dealer did mumble something about a possible return of the Lancer badge (I'm talking about normal saloons, not the mad Lancer EVOs), but it's all up in the air at the moment...

I'm popping to see my dealers tomorrow to sort out my warped discs , so if there's any news, I'll update you

Dmac1969
    It will be a shame if we dont get another Galant in the UK , they have been sold here ever since Mitsubishi first started selling cars in the UK in the mid 70s. Im not sure If id rather have a Lancer over a Galant....if they do bring back the Lancer , I hope they sell the GSR (baby evo 1.8 turbo 4WD) and some kind of GTi 16V with around 150-180 BHP , as my old Lancer GTI was one of the best cars ive ever had! Anyhow , its gonna be interesting finding out , so if anyone has info , please post it up!!

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    I'd say that people would take a look at it and run screaming back to their Mercedes C-Classes and BMW 3s...
    I'm sorry, I thought for a second there you said that people in the UK favored big saloons
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Kieran
    Hehe

To clarify Those brits who do like big barges are far more likely to choose a BMW 3/5 series, or a Merc C/E class over a 'Bishi:)

Dmac1969
    BMW 3 series is as common as muck here , they are everywhere! To a lesser extent so is the 5. Hopefully Chris bangle will keep making them look more and more horrid and then no one at all will buy them!

J apmetal
    I think the 3-series has gone downhill ever since the E30 gave way to the E36 shape

Dmac1969
    Just to get this a little back on topic , I was told by my dealer today that it looks like the UK will get the Lancer for a while before we get the new Galant (he said theres 'probably' going to be a new Galant in the UK). I dont think our Galant will be the same as the US 9G , if we get a 9G at all that is!