The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: warning stickers on the visors

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    VIO

warning stickers on the visors

does anyone know a way to remove the airbag warning stickers from the visors cleanly? i hate those damn things!!! :evil:

just put one of these bad bois like im goin to... but change it so it dont say turbo.. just say high powered motor!

Diego

GalantGuy96
    hahahaha were did u get that?

I was looking at that today, it doesn't look like a sticker but feels like it's painted on there I guess. Could get a knife and start scraping, I guess. I wondered about that too.

VIO
    nice warning sticker!!! <grin>

i just pulled it off, but it left some sort of adhesive on it - - -- make sure you peel it good, cuz if not it'll break in to pieces and be harder to take off

u can still see the outline on it though,but its all good
    Semper Fi'

VIO
    you were able to just peel it off? mine looks as though it's painted on. i thought about trying to use the upolstry attachment on a steam cleaner or and iron to see if that would work.

yep = but eventually, i'll put something in its place
    Semper Fi'

El Niño
    Hey guys, I think I got a better idea.........one day I was detailing my 8g and was brushing the ceiling and when I got to my visors.....I sprayed some of the upholsery cleaner and started brushing......well, to my surprise.....that paint/sticker started somehow to dissolve......I don't remember the name/brand of the cleaner I was using but I'll find it and post it later on today. All I know is that is is a light blue can with a white trigger on top.

Hope this helps....

VIO
    hey lobito did it leave any glue residue and can you tell where the warning sticker was?

El Niño
    Since some of it came off I had no choice but to take the whole thing off. And no, it didn't leave any glue residue and I believe the sticker/paint was in the top center......I took it off last early this year so.....I think that's where it was....

man I had the best link for this with a tutorial and everything, think the guy used vinly remover or something like that and a wire brush then put phone books on top of the visor while it dried so the cloth would stick to the cardboard again.

El Niño
    :shock: Wire brush!!!!!!!!

VIO
    wire brush! :shock: that sounds like crazy talk!!!

El Niño
    I guess it's a good thing that I don't have heart problems.............

GaLanT
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>just put one of these bad bois like im goin to... but change it so it dont say turbo.. just say high powered motor! Â* Â*

</div>

u find me a sticker like that and i'll buy it