The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Galant with US tailights:

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    KNJGalant2002

JDM Galant with US tailights:

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to put US tailights in a JDM Galant?
    Also can somebody please tell me directions and modifications on what I would have to do? I know it is possible the other way but I have a friend with JDM Galant and he wanted US tailights.

Thanks,
    Kristy

yes it is actually easier than going the other other way around. the US and JDM tail lights have the exact same bolt pattern. the difference is the number of bulbs... JDM 4, USDM 3. they have the same reverse light (1156) and parking/brake (dual filament 1157 US) but the parking / signal (1157 US) is split into 2 bulbs on the JDM's. basically, to install USDM tail lights on the JDM wiring, you would just have to get a double filament socket (1157) and wire it to the positive parking filament (dim) and the postive signal filament (bright) then ground the socket. the new socket and bulb would sit behind the outer most lens.

if you are planning on trading lights w/ someonw abroad, you may want to trade harness from the main plug back so that it is easier for both of you to install as the bulbs are not the same size on the US and JDM tails.

hi... i've been thinking about changing over my JDM boot lights.. into the USDM sedan lights... i've got a liftback so i wonder if its easy or not too complicated enough to do so.. has anyone had any luck?

im guessing you have a 7g right?

so ur tail looks like this?

or something like that. im looking at the shap and it doesn't look like its the same shape as the sedan's tail lights. not saying they won't fit but it looks like its gonna take more than wiring, meaning bodywork to get the tails to fit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yep same as mine... cause i was looking at the sedan tails it seems like it has a bit of a curve to it... so i think all i need is the other part of the tails which is the cover that goes on the plate number