The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 EL Gauges/Bezel Questions

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    with0ut rem0rse

2003 EL Gauges/Bezel Questions

Hello all,

I have only been a member for a couple of weeks now, and throughout that time I have been searching the forums high and low for a post on this topic, but I haven't found a complete answer (some rferences to it, but nothing complete). Hopefully this post will help other TGC n00bs as well.

Please let me know if I have everything correct so far:

1) There are no direct-fit gauges for the 2003 models.
    2) Other 8g (99-02) gauges will fit, with a bezel from that model year.
    3) ONLY the bezel is required, and NOT the entire cluster.

So, if one wanted to purchase a set of EL gauges for their 2003 Galant, they would have to buy 99-02 gauges, buy a 99-02 bezel, and install both.

Thanks for putting up with a question that I'm sure everyone has answered a hundred times. Any further information is appreciated, or, if I missed a blatant post in my searches, please point me in that direcetion, and feel free to flame =).

Thanks!

HaterzEraser
    you are correct there. i have guages on my ride you can see my link in my sig to see what it will look like.

damn ur car lookin good with those gauges!! u should do it w/otremorse
    Diego

the 02 and 03 have the same cluster...you can either get the bezel from from previous 8g like you said....or do get this

with0ut rem0rse
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

HaterzEraserz: sharp looking ride. The gauges look great - any night pics of them? I also have some audio setup questions for you - check PM please.

Dragon: I'm a little confused...if the clusters are the same, why get another bezel? Does the install require you to keep the stock bezel, put on the gauges, then put the new bezel over everything? Also, I checked out your S7 GB link. Is that still going on? It didn't seem like it from the thread... If so, I would rather get in that GB and get a set of those. <span style='color:red'>EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I missed the whole part about buying them after they were produced.</span>

Thanks again for being patient guys!

This is what you cluster looks like, right?

This is what the overlay piece look like

Without the bezel, it would look a little odd

with0ut rem0rse
    Cool, thanks Dragon. Yes, that's what my cluster looks like. On my last car, I took off teh stock bezel, put the gauges on, then reused my stock bezel. I was just unaware of the procedures.

You guys have been really helpful, it's greatly apperciated!

Thanks for clearing that up!