The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone removed the dome inside the headlight?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Anyone removed the dome inside the headlight?

Just wondering if that is a good idea. I know it is illegal but will the light work better and will it look right?

I am wondering this because I posted a thread about my headlights being ridiculously weak.

escoson
    yes it will be somewhat brighter and it is noticable. alot of people have takin the domes off including myself.

How hard was it sir.
    Love,
    Matt

mine are bright but not bright enough i already get people thinking they are my highs and then i high beam em and they go blind LOVE IT!!! so how hard is it to do that?!
    Diego

Potr
    my domes are out as well and yes they are brighter.... its pretty simple undo the screwss and wiggle them untill it comes out....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>mine are bright but not bright enough Â* Â* Â*i already get people thinking they are my highs and then i high beam em and they go blind Â* Â* Â*LOVE IT!!! Â*so how hard is it to do that?!</div>

why would you want to blind oncomming traffic? Its not safe. the cap is there for a reason. taking the cap off lets stray light to go straight forward and up like high beams. how would you like to be hit head on by a senior citizen?

GREEN is the new BLACK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ASTIG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>mine are bright but not bright enough Â* Â* Â*i already get people thinking they are my highs and then i high beam em and they go blind Â* Â* Â*LOVE IT!!! Â*so how hard is it to do that?!</div>

why would you want to blind oncomming traffic? Its not safe. the cap is there for a reason. taking the cap off lets stray light to go straight forward and up like high beams. how would you like to be hit head on by a senior citizen?</div>

yea tell em.. cause my bro got in accidnet cause of big ass 4X4 came with high beam head lights and.. he has the caps out........

as soon as he turn into that lane.. he could not see shi.. cause of the head light lucky his bakc window was tinted so it was not that bad... sooo This Mod will get u in toruble specially if u are behind the cops.. they will no that u are on low beam and u have your caps out.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

I wast thinking that removing that dome would affect the projection of the beam.. it would be, like ASTIG said beaming everywhere that its not supposed to..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

not safe - i know if a mofo gets like that behind me, i'll slam the brakes til' he goes around - - especially oncoming traffic is worse -
    Semper Fi'

TheRealDeal
    I was thinking about taking em off to, but reconsidered do to the fact that it is common sense

Quote Originally Posted by KingX360
    not safe - i know if a mofo -
    Hey King Thats my Word YO MOFO>..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

damn never thought bout that.... yall are right!!! thats why i got yall to bitch at me i aint doin that shit!!!
    Diego

update: yeah its a bad idea.

I tried it today but it seems like the dome is bigger than the bulb hole so it wouldn't work either way

now I'm looking into real HID conversions haha I want!! :?