The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Crossdrilled rotors websites?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Crossdrilled rotors websites?

I did a search on crossdrilled rotors but no one gave a website address. Well, which will obviously lead me to asking, besides Nopi (powerstop) is there other websites that have crossdrilled rotors and pads available for out 8g(3g)? and for a good deal if possible. I need'em bad! Pls Help. Thanks
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

Yo i'm serious cuz i might be riding all corners on some fucked up crossdrilled rotors. This should be moved to the Problems sections (sorry) but for the longest my brakes just didn't seem to feel right. From the first day i put'em onm there was a BAD squeaking noise. Then there is this rumbling noise when i let go of the brake pedal. So i thought i would put some of that anti-squeak paste....it helped but just relieved the squeaking noise....regardless as brandnew as it was, it shouldn't be like that, right? And lastly, just braking in an abrubt fashion, seen to feel different? So pls anyone help! Thanks
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

BlueESV6
    I got mine from www.powerstoprotors.com . They may not be the cheapest but I had them on in a week! I'd buy new pads with the new rotors as well. Another option is try the group buy section. They talk about the DBA rotors there... also I think www.ptuning.com has the crossdrilled rotors available... Hope this helps.

Good Luck

brembo might have a set and i think one of the subcompanies of baer are coming out with some in some time soon...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(r-ezz.e)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yo i'm serious cuz i might be riding all corners on some fucked up crossdrilled rotors. Â*This should be moved to the Problems sections (sorry) but for the longest my brakes just didn't seem to feel right. Â*From the first day i put'em onm there was a BAD squeaking noise. Â*Then there is this rumbling noise when i let go of the brake pedal. Â*So i thought i would put some of that anti-squeak paste....it helped but just relieved the squeaking noise....regardless as brandnew as it was, it shouldn't be like that, right? Â*And lastly, just braking in an abrubt fashion, seen to feel different? Â*So pls anyone help! Â*Thanks</div>

I have a tutorial on "Un-squeaking the Brakes" at https://www.thegalantcenter.com When doing the brakes, make sure you use high temp grease on the metal ends of the brake pads. Also bleed the brakes and top off the brake fluid reservoir with the same type of fluid. Never mix DOT3 with DOT4. After doing this, if your brakes feel funny, I get them checked out by someone that knows brakes. As for noise in general, be it squeaking, rubbing, it can be a common thing with no remedy. I here squeaks once in a while but when I inspect them, they are hardly worn and still look brand new. Sometimes you just can't win, lol.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Go check this link
    CLicK ME
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>brembo might have a set and i think one of the subcompanies of baer are coming out with some in some time soon...</div>

Wuts brembo web address?

Hey TJC thanks i guess i'll first give it a shot and see how that works.

To everyone else i appreciate the help. Cuz i don't wanna buy another pair of crossdrilled, yaknow. Also i'm crossing my finger that i just didn't fuck myself w/like $400 on'em neither. Thanks again

brembo's website. www.brembo.com

uhm here's a thought are u sure they were installed correctly in the first place? did u break them in correctly too? just wondering since u've been getting problems since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    brembo's website. www.brembo.com

uhm here's a thought are u sure they were installed correctly in the first place? did u break them in correctly too? just wondering since u've been getting problems since day 1

Thanks for the site......but to answer ur question, there's no doubt i broke'em in correctly. cuz at that time i had some issues w/my points and dmv clearing it for a year.....but that's neither here or ther.....but i was driving cautiously and followed the directions, which said that it prolly will take 200-500 mile to break'em in. But i'll mess around w/it asap....work permitting. Thanks again

u know wut, i just checked out one of the posts earlier,.....i think it was Tiller's topic, but anyways,u guys were talking about how our 8g and 3g eclipse's rotors might not be the same (or at least the rears....from wut i understood)......u think that can be a problem? I ordered mine as an 8g but the place i got it from said that the 3g were the same. So i emailed other websites and this guy from www.tirerack.com they said this.....According to EBC, these cars do not share the same fitment. EBC does not offer any rotors for the Galant. These guys test fit all of their products, so they would have a reason that they do not fit... I would honestly suggest taking their word on it. The price is per pair on the site, but not available for your vehicle. Pads would be priced separately, and the Greenstuff EBC is recommended by that company for use with their rotors on the Eclipse.
    Sorry for the bad news...

Sincerely
    Gary
    ......but Mark from Parts warehouse (www.powerstop.com) says that they list the two(8g/3g) as the same. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r-ezz.e
    u know wut, i just checked out one of the posts earlier,.....i think it was Tiller's topic, but anyways,u guys were talking about how our 8g and 3g eclipse's rotors might not be the same (or at least the rears....from wut i understood)......u think that can be a problem? I ordered mine as an 8g but the place i got it from said that the 3g were the same. So i emailed other websites and this guy from www.tirerack.com they said this.....According to EBC, these cars do not share the same fitment. EBC does not offer any rotors for the Galant. These guys test fit all of their products, so they would have a reason that they do not fit... I would honestly suggest taking their word on it. The price is per pair on the site, but not available for your vehicle. Pads would be priced separately, and the Greenstuff EBC is recommended by that company for use with their rotors on the Eclipse.
    Sorry for the bad news...

Sincerely
    Gary
    ......but Mark from Parts warehouse (www.powerstop.com) says that they list the two(8g/3g) as the same. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks
    the exact part numbers for the two rotors (3g eclipse/8g galant)aren't the same but they will work on the 8g. no doubt