The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Instrument panel bulbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    akiraflux
    well...there are two types of leds. normal ones and inverse concave.

normal shine directly straight ahead.

inverse concave act more like a bulb shining outward around the edge.

do yours cave in at the tip? if not then ya...they will be dim. also...you 100% POSITIVE that they are in the right way? i swear they just look dim not out. ask airbus. it got us both.

Airbus A320
    My bulbs cave in at the center. They came out pretty good once I turned them all the correct way. I am gonna clear the needles today I think. Do I just put finger nail polish remover on a q-tip and rub it off?? If so what color will they be when they are clear and the lights are on? Do they turn blue?

akiraflux
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbus A320
    My bulbs cave in at the center. They came out pretty good once I turned them all the correct way. I am gonna clear the needles today I think. Do I just put finger nail polish remover on a q-tip and rub it off?? If so what color will they be when they are clear and the lights are on? Do they turn blue?
    correct. i also kindof put my finger down on the other side of the needle so that when scrubbing with qtip the needle wouldn't move. not sure if it's required but it made it easier and it's probably a good safety precaution.

Airbus A320
    Well I cleaned the things but not much light shows in the needles. I also think I f*#ked up the temp guage. :cry:

SilverKnight
    yeah once i got the needles cleared my needles werent as bright as you can see in my sig. so i will paint them blue once i have time to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12