The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I want HID for my 8G what do I do?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

I want HID for my 8G what do I do?

What aftermarket HID kit should I get? I want something bright because my current oem bulbs are weeeeak.

Also what would I need to do after I purchase the kit? Will the installation be easy?

=edit==
    I'm also wondering if purchasing used HID kits is a good idea? Like at a local junkyard or something. Those bulbs don't last forever so how much would a HID bulb me etc.

Thanks a lot

BXNYMitsu01
    Get the Kit new its not worth it buying used. CATZ is a very good kit to get. 5100k is really bright and gives you a cool blue look. Plus they give you all instructions you need to install yourself. Good luck in your quest. 8) Here is a site that has HID kits. www.eautoworks.com

WOW that kit is 600 dollars?!? I thought these things would be 300 but I simply cannot afford 600 lol.

Will probably get brighter bulbs then.

BXNYMitsu01
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    WOW that kit is 600 dollars?!? I thought these things would be 300 but I simply cannot afford 600 lol.

Will probably get brighter bulbs then.
    Yeah they do cost alot. But they are good kits.

escoson
    someone posted a link for the hanabi knights HIDS for $350 or so. do a search for it cuz im not sure who it was but it was within thepast 10 days.

Tazz2000
    We have a groupd discount on www.midnightmoose.com
    10% off anything.
    I set it up a while back.

galant2nr
    You gotta pay, if you wanna play...

tribal
    I got the cleared out headlights. I want to change the bulbs. To get them like superwhite or something i'll need to buy a whole HID kit? You can't just get different high intense bulbs or something? I dont really like the idea of paying 600$ for lights

sj420
    I thought someone had posted a msg saying aftermarket HID's are going to be banned in august. might want to look into that before you buy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tribal)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got the cleared out headlights. Â*I want to change the bulbs. Â*To get them like superwhite or something i'll need to buy a whole HID kit? Â*You can't just get different high intense bulbs or something? Â*I dont really like the idea of paying 600$ for lights Â*:(</div>

thats what I thought so I asked the question of buying used

different bulbs makes the difference but of course you get what you pay for so.. superwhites hyper whatever can never match real HIDs unfortunately

:cry: :cry:

Get CATZ 4300K kit from liteswap.com. They are bright, look OEM, and have a shield to reduce glare. I had them since May and I love them. I only hope aftermarket HIDs won't be banned. Mine are only as glaring as any Acura TL HIDs.

mighty
    there are some HID bulbs right now on ebay for g's.