The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: battery alarm???

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    galantgal05

battery alarm???

i recently changed my air filter, and i disconnected the battery. well, turns out i have a battery alarm or somethin and a horrible wailing alarm sounds when i try to reconnect the terminal. there is a little switch inside the driver side door, and the person i bought the car from told me to flip the switch if it sounded. i did that and nothin happened. the alarm just kept goin off. n e one have this problem or a solution???

thanx 4 ur help

J apmetal
    When you reconnect the battery, you're setting off the anti-tamper on your alarm. Find the main control unit for the alarm [usually built into the siren unit on most older setups] and look for some sort of reset function for just this occasion [mine has a key-operated on/off switch to stop theives just deactivating it at will]

galantgal05
    I couldnt find a switch or reset button, so I traced the wires from the switch in the door panel to the siren. I cut the wire and presto, no more alarm.
    Now I have another question. What is the ECS? I called my local Napa store and the guy I talked to didnt know. In my fuse box under the hood, there is 3 places for fuses for the ECS. Ever since i bought the car there hasn't been anything in those 3 spaces. I just wondered if that could be part of my problem.

btw: my car is a 1992

ConceptSleeper
    ECS stands for Electronically Controlled Suspension. There aren't any fuses there because you dont have the ECS system! (either didnt come with it or the previous owner was smart and eliminated it with a strut and coilover system!!