The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BYO Cone Filter?! flippin air box

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    d_joulez

BYO Cone Filter?! flippin air box

hey.. i've tried flippin the air box.like they showed awhile back in that guide... n i wasn't really lookin for much of a hp gain sicne wit was like basically free n all.. i was just lookin for a good roar i guess.. n i drove it around for a bit high rpm's.. n the flipped air box didn't get much of a roar..

so i was wonderin if i got the adapter for the MAS and got a Cone FIlter?! would that thing make some noise?! i'm just lookin for a good roar with my heavy foot... HP can wait when i decide to pitch out 250$$ just for like 5-6 hp gain... but yeh..

for those people with a Cone filter attached to the stock on stock MAS n all do you guys get ne noise?!

thanks

joulez...

Yea, you're gonna get the noise of the intake pulling in more air, but since you're keping your stock airboz with the big resonator in the back, it won't be as loud as a true short ram intake
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

bam462
    this was the second diy mod i could not do first was shaved emblems(fuckin super glue) and the air intake one (mine has a extra air box on the side of the filter box that wont let it fit upside down) if you dont want to pay 200 bills for a intake go on ebay and look for 3g eclipse ones. its not an injen or a aem but there are 35 to 80 dollar ones on there

Quote Originally Posted by bam462
    this was the second diy mod i could not do first was shaved emblems(fuckin super glue) and the air intake one (mine has a extra air box on the side of the filter box that wont let it fit upside down) if you dont want to pay 200 bills for a intake go on ebay and look for 3g eclipse ones. its not an injen or a aem but there are 35 to 80 dollar ones on there
    im guessing you have an i4. its can be done. for most people all you have to do is remove the lower airbox. but some people say if u angle the uppder airbox just right, you can get it to fit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.