The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hid question

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    SILVERES

hid question

hey sup people i have 6000k hids but i saw 85000k low/high beam h4 kitnow my question is i dont understand the rateing what is a good k rating meaning with is brither also if the 8500k are bluer will that give a way brightness and also what size can i use for the foglights hid wise thnx and if this is a old topic sorry in advance and thnx for any help

Re: hid question

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERES
    hey sup people i have 6000k hids but i saw 85000k low/high beam h4 kitnow my question is i dont understand the rateing what is a good k rating meaning with is brither also if the 8500k are bluer will that give a way brightness and also what size can i use for the foglights hid wise thnx and if this is a old topic sorry in advance and thnx for any help
    The greater the degree then the brighter the light should be. As for foglights I think you should refer to your manual to see what bulbs it uses.

BTW what type of 6000k HIDs do you own because I plan to purchase a kit.

what i remember reelax tellin me is

the 4000k down = yellowish light
    the 4000k - 6000k = a whiteish blue light
    the 6000k up = a bluish/purplish light

i am not sure if numbers are actually right but if someone needs to correct me please do since i dont want him to get the wrong idea... hope mine helped ya out somehwat....
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    what i remember reelax tellin me is

the 4000k down = yellowish light
    the 4000k - 6000k = a whiteish blue light
    the 6000k up = a bluish/purplish light

i am not sure if numbers are actually right but if someone needs to correct me please do since i dont want him to get the wrong idea... hope mine helped ya out somehwat....
    What I know is the higher the kelvin (k) rate, the less light will be output, the 4000-6000k range is where most light is output (very white-purplish)... 8)

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

true i forgot to mention that bout the higher the kelvin the less light will be actually seen on the road..... thanks for pointing that out hondakillergtz!
    Diego

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

what about the higher the K, the more danger ur harness could melt? cuz the only bulbs ive seen around here use more watts to get that extra K. good japan brands dont do that.

GaLanT
    HID's are different.. they aren't regular bulbs. they have their own harness, and ballast. There is no risk of burning your harness.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    alright guys, here's the run down on the bulbs and temperature.

the whitest and brightest temperature. just pure flat white. really white. they're really white. this can't be stressed enough.

not as bright as 5200K, nor not nearly as white, but it has nice little blue output.

probably the most popular of all the HIDs you see on the road. nice blue, nice white, and not as bright as the 6000K. everyone pretty much likes these.

the dimmest of all the xenons (still jaw droppingly bright). extremely blue light output, almost a silver/blue light on the road. i have it on my car, and it gets mad stairs, it makes the housings look like you have blue neons inside.

there are more temperatures above 7500K, but those are pretty hard to find (except ebay) and i heard above like 10000K they go into the red spectrum.

keep in mind, when i say not as bright as the other temperatures, its still gonna be a drastically amazing improvement over any halogen or hyperwhite.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

SILVERES
    yo everyone thnx for the help on this im gona look into the 8500k low/high beam kit thnx again