The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Short

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    queball

A Short

Does any one know how to figure out where a short would be, my drivers foglight keeps burning out i asume there s a short some where in the wiring or something becouse the passanger side is still bunning bright.i reaplaced the buld about a month ago and have used them maybe 5 hours before th bulb burnt out, and yes thee the right watt.. any ideas??? my car looks kind dumb with out the fogs on..

Nick VR4
    check easy stuff first
    Look for water getting inside lamp housing
    bad connection on sockets
    bad earth connect

check out the wiring make sure its all tight and needs where its supposed to be. check the insulation. make sure that isn't cracked or anything. the socket check out the contacts. add a lil bit of bulb grease inside of the socket

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

MitsuMan
    Check your fuse box, under the hood, or under the drivers side dash, what i thought was a short was really a fuse problem,....moisture is a bitch so make sure you look for any where that may have gotten wet from washing your car, rain, etc

dean

queball
    I went through every thing last night and theres not a short any where that i can find, i put a brand new bulb in it and i don't know if it ever came on or not but i took it back out after testing it and seeing that it wasn't working and when i looked at the bulb he base of it was cracked just like the other one i took out.. thats kinda wierd since there bull out of the same box i think they were just shit bulbs and ill never buy bulbs from that buy on ebay again.. ey were some company called Plasma something or other with a life time warranty so watch out for that rip off guy..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>I went through every thing last night and theres not a short any where that i can find, i put a brand new bulb in it and i don't know if it ever came on or not but i took it back out after testing it and seeing that it wasn't working and when i looked at the bulb he base of it was cracked just like the other one i took out.. thats kinda wierd since there bull out of the same box i think they were just shit bulbs and ill never buy bulbs from that buy on ebay again.. ey were some company called Plasma something or other with a life time warranty so watch out for that rip off guy..</div>

are u sure u didn't crack them puttng them back in?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

queball
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>I went through every thing last night and theres not a short any where that i can find, i put a brand new bulb in it and i don't know if it ever came on or not but i took it back out after testing it and seeing that it wasn't working and when i looked at the bulb he base of it was cracked just like the other one i took out.. thats kinda wierd since there bull out of the same box i think they were just shit bulbs and ill never buy bulbs from that buy on ebay again.. ey were some company called Plasma something or other with a life time warranty so watch out for that rip off guy..</div>

are u sure u didn't crack them puttng them back in?</div>
    no i don't think i did i put it down in the hole and flipped the little sring thing over and pluger it in.. so i don't think i cracked it ive changed there several times before and never had this problem exspecialy with 2 of the exact same bulbs.. The one i got the sellers name was Sweeteffects, his products aren't very good any ways he tld me they looked just like the Tucan brand but they weren't even close, they were yellow as hell and stid of blue.

if nothing works.........all you have to do is by-pass the short...........run a new wire from the fogs to the switch................................check your ground also.............
    TEAM GENESIS

queball
    Quote Originally Posted by soltero112
    if nothing works.........all you have to do is by-pass the short...........run a new wire from the fogs to the switch................................check your ground also.............
    well ive test it and the light fixture and i can't find any thing it at 11.5 volts when the cars not running and just a little ove 12 when it is running ive wigled all the wiring while the meter was on it it never fluxuwated or any thing. i think its just shit bulbs..

queball
    Quote Originally Posted by soltero112
    and we are talking factory fogs here not the afte market ones..