The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: abs

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    yofadahead

abs

is there anyway to add abs?

cdaw2001ES
    The cheapest way to abs is not cheap, but would be to do the drum to disc conversion, then swap in all the abs components from the Junk yard (cheapest) or the dealer $$, or aftermarket wich would require big time install/ fabrication $$ ( you are looking at prolly $2G's minimum)

If you want daytime running lights Cheapest solution, turn your lights on, never turn them off, they will automatically come on and off with the car. More expensive would be to cut in a new pair of lights in the fender (or use your fogs), and wire them up with a relay to a Key - On + 12.

The USDM o4/ 9G will have D.R.L. Standard I believe.

yofadahead
    2GS?!! i guess i'll be pumping the brakes myself.
    thanks, though.

I know manybrews will correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't add ABS if the car's not equipped for it. Besides all the sensors (wheel speed, etc.) you will also need a new ECU and wiring harnesses, since each wheel is independantly controlled by the ECU. Even figuring out what parts to collect from a junkyard would be nearly impossible.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.