The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aluminum Dash Kit

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    MilitaryMind03

Aluminum Dash Kit

Anyone have any tips as to ' How To ?'

It's pretty straight forward if you buy a good kit from a reputable manufacturer. I recommend AlkaPlus. That's where I got mine.

1) Remove each piece of trim that the overlay is going to be placed on.
    2) Clean each one thoroughly with some 91% isopropyl alcohol
    3) Apply the activator (suppied with the kit) to the piece you're covering. Apply sparingly...this stuff is like instant cement
    4) Peel the backing from the trim piece and apply it to the dash piece. press gently but make sure it covers and is aligned properly.
    5) Replace the trim piece in your dash

The kit will come with directions and pictures. The one thing to be careful of is once you apply the activator and begin to put the trim piece on, make sure it's aligned correctly, as it will be near impossible to move it once the activator touches the 3M tape. Take your time and be precise and you'll wind up with a good looking kit.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

since you are having a aluminum kit, you might wanna see how the alluminum contrasts over your existing trim. like putting the metal over your wood trim won't look right. so check that out, you might have to paint your oem trim pieces so they match better or something.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    since you are having a aluminum kit, you might wanna see how the alluminum contrasts over your existing trim. like putting the metal over your wood trim won't look right. so check that out, you might have to paint your oem trim pieces so they match better or something.
    True, but that would only apply to the radio trim, shifter trim and door trim. The other twenty or so pieces that come with the dash kit will be fine.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

VIO
    doesn't the aluminum completely cover the existing trim?

Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    doesn't the aluminum completely cover the existing trim?
    Thats wat i thought :?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Nope..
    The are just overlays..
    Check out my sounddomain page.. I have a brushed aluminum kit on.. but I have Titanium interior..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337