The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Slapping a VR-G Emblem

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    -Ballernation-

Slapping a VR-G Emblem

Since everyone in this club are so hyped up over the VR-4 Emblem thing, I've decided to ask you guys and gals this:

Installing a VR-G Emblem

Sure, it's not as cool as the Vr-4, but it could be convincing....

Your thoughts?

where did u get that from.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

8ggalant
    well vrg's are still awd...im not sure waht yer askin...if yer lookin for approval...im sure u might get a few peeple callin i "rice"..i personally dont care...it yer car...it'll probly look good...i was gonna get em myself till an overseas member told me they were awd

It goes back to the same discussion we had on the last emblem. Why advertise something in your car that isn't there?? Would you put AEM stickers on your car if you had no intake?? Eibach stickers if you have no drop?? VTEC stickers on a stock Honda motor?? The first time you encounter someone that knows anything about DSM, they're gonna ask you if that's really a VR-G...and how are you gonna feel when you have to say "No it's just a badge I bought on ebay cuz it looked cool."
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

VIO
    i agree with fish boy. it's the same as putting a "gtz" badge on an es i4.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>It goes back to the same discussion we had on the last emblem. Why advertise something in your car that isn't there?? Would you put AEM stickers on your car if you had no intake?? Eibach stickers if you have no drop?? VTEC stickers on a stock Honda motor?? The first time you encounter someone that knows anything about DSM, they're gonna ask you if that's really a VR-G...and how are you gonna feel when you have to say "No it's just a badge I bought on ebay cuz it looked cool."</div>

Ditto.

:?
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

GalantLadie
    its ur car so if u like it go for it, i wouldnt do it i would feel like a jackass when that one day comes along when i run into someone who knows their shit and ask if it really is a vrg i mean u cant lie and say yes because im sure that they would wanna check it out and id feel like a real ricer if i had to say no i just though it was a cool emblem

FinalLast
    i wouldn't do it..
    but hey its your car.. feel free to do whatever you please..

I have a VR-4 badge on my car. Most know I dont have a VR-4 but when I blow them away, they wonder what I really have.
    Love,
    Matt

-Ballernation-
    Other than VegasMatt's comment, I truly understand others are saying. No, I was just kidding about putting a VR-G emblem on my ride. I just wanted to read other people's comment that endorsing what you don't have under the hood is just plain rice. How about putting a Diamante VR-X? That could be problem since VR-X is the designation for the top Diamante series in the US. So if anybody is dying to slap something on the right trunk hood, slap a RALLIART emblem and go buy some RALLIART suspension (comming soon the your nearby Mitsu dealership in October 2003)

Lilginny
    is that true, Ralliart is gonna start making performance products available at the dealer

SCortes
    It's completely up to you. But Fishboy makes an excellent point.

Green Machine
    Way, way off topic, but where exactly is Spring, Texas. You have (Houston) next to it, but I am from that area originally (southeast Houston, 2nd Ward, Pasadena) and I am unsure as to where spring is. I guess it's been a long 4 years.lol.

Senior TGC Member
    Spring is up north, by Conroe.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

chibisak
    how about a VR-M haha

I think the VR-G or VR-M badging would look quite at home on even a USDM Galant most VR-Gs are 4cyl Galants anyway if i am not mistaken.

Why? What will having a VR anything emblem on the trunk of your car do to fulfill your life? I just don't get why people want to misbadge their cars. I guess it's some sense of inadequacy, I dunno. Be proud of what you have and what you can make it into, not what you can pretend to have and trying to BS other people. Hell, maybe I'll go out and throw a 750iL badge on my G, maybe that'll increase its book value to about 30k

DP
    I agree, put them on! The VR-4 Badge will gain you at least 10-15 Hp at the wheels. Who can turn down horsepower?

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DP)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, put them on! The VR-4 Badge will gain you at least 10-15 Hp at the wheels. Who can turn down horsepower?</div>

That's why I slapped on TWO VR-4 emblems on my car.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison