The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: back seat removal

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    omadon

back seat removal

has anyone ever seen a galant with the back seats taken out. i know u would definatly drop lots of weight from your car probably more than puttin on a fiber hood and with some fabrication could do some sick stuff with the room in the back, i have racing seats and i think it might look kinda cool. its still a four door tho thats 2 doors leading to nothing. What do u guys think would it look interesting or just stupid.

umm not sure.... i seen this galant from NYC with nice ass trunk setup,, i am sure if he took his seat out.. i think he did not sure.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

TWISTED II
    the only thing in my car right now is a steering wheel. so yeah, i've seen it without a back seat, lol. i think on 2 door cars, the removal of a back seat is kinda cool. however, i think on a 4 door car it would be kinda weird. unless you do something crazy back there. but, in the end, it'll prolly be heavier than the back seats. they aren't really all that heavy to begin with.

omadon
    does anyone have any ideas of what i could put in the space back there that is light weight and isn't a girl

Quote Originally Posted by omadon
    does anyone have any ideas of what i could put in the space back there that is light weight and isn't a girl
    umm how about shii load bottle of NOS. haah j/k some type of CF. trim,, something................

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

omadon
    muchos grande nos moy bwayno my friend haha. i would go crazy one day in a race and blow my manifold tho lol u think it could look on with no back seats tho

wont look good...
    Diego

b-boy_sky
    The back seats weigh almost nothing.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(b-boy_sky)</div><div class='quotemain'>The back seats weigh almost nothing.....</div>

I agree...it's just foam and fabric....mad light.
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

mighty
    I also can say it is not worth removing them.
    My 2003 seats I removed last night to replace the 6x9's and it took FOREVER, to get the back seat off........and THEN after I finally got the back seat off, I could not for the LIFE of me, get the felt up, that hides the 6x9's.
    So now, I think I am going to let the dealer do this installation. :?
    Soooo, since the seat is so light (it is only foam), I do not think, your going to get any better performance at all....my two cents

Track Tested over a year ago, removing the back seats and stashing them in someone else's car does nothing to improve your performace or E/T. 'Nuff Said!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mighty)</div><div class='quotemain'>I also can say it is not worth removing them.
    My 2003 seats I removed last night to replace the 6x9's and it took FOREVER, to get the back seat off........and THEN after I finally got the back seat off, I could not for the LIFE of me, get the felt up, that hides the 6x9's. Â*
    So now, I think I am going to let the dealer do this installation. :? Â*
    Soooo, since the seat is so light (it is only foam), I do not think, your going to get any better performance at all....my two cents</div>

how long did it take you? lol. its prolly a 10 min job. just pull the bottom latches, then its like, 4 bolts. it gets easier with time, lol. i've had mine out a lotta times.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mighty)</div><div class='quotemain'>I also can say it is not worth removing them.
    My 2003 seats I removed last night to replace the 6x9's and it took FOREVER, to get the back seat off........and THEN after I finally got the back seat off, I could not for the LIFE of me, get the felt up, that hides the 6x9's. Â*
    So now, I think I am going to let the dealer do this installation. :? Â*
    Soooo, since the seat is so light (it is only foam), I do not think, your going to get any better performance at all....my two cents</div>

how long did it take you? lol. its prolly a 10 min job. just pull the bottom latches, then its like, 4 bolts. it gets easier with time, lol. i've had mine out a lotta times.</div>

Yeah...I installed my springs last weekend and for reasons that will remain secret between me and RodT0331 I had to remove the seats like 3 times....it's quick and easy!!!
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

mighty
    it didn't take to long, but it was hotter than sh1t, and I couldn't get the felt up, to install my new 6x9's

Skipp
    Gotta Jump on this one. I was ponddering....(lol, ponddering)...I was thinkin about the same thing. The only thing I came up with to do with the doors, was to fabricate them to open up like wings, and just have one badass system back there. However, that's mucho work, and mucho money, maybe i'll do it someday...but not right now. It would be pretty insane though, for like shows and stuff. I dunno, that's my 2 cents..