The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    JGR_Galant

help

i have a problem when i take away my feet of the acelerator my car start to make a sound like explosion in the muffler i don't know why this is happening somebody said that i have to check the tps because it can be damage but i check the tps and its alright i read the post that i send of the erg block and somebody wrote something about that sound and i dont understand what i can make to resoble my problem please help me

[FIN]Teme

Re: help

sounds like fuel gets to exhaust

ConceptSleeper
    sounds like backfiring, which means your running rich!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    how bad are the "explosions". when i floor my car in second gear, run it to 5.9K RPMs, then let off completely right after flooring, as the car deccelerates, it makes an intermediate popping, and it comes right from the muffler. i guess i am running rich, but i've never tampered with my aif/fuel settings.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

J apmetal
    Mine backfires too, partly due to the aftermarket rear silencer I've fitted, but it's nothing to worry about if it's just a kind of popping noise [think microwave popcorn] as Peanotation says - if it really is like an EXPLOSION it may be the sign of a serious problem or major overfuelling.