The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom short air intake

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Custom short air intake

I have a '93 SOHC galant, and I recently made a custom short air intake. After removing the pointless silencers from the air filter housing, one can remove the housing and secure the filter in place with the stock clamps. The only money you may need to put in is 2 bucks on a new clamp (Which I did), and u now have a free flowing short air intake.
    End result = engine revs quicker, and has a nice, louder tone to it above 3000 rpm.
    * anyone know if K&N makes an air filter for 6G galants?

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

whitelabel
    Any 1G TEL's K&N filter will work for our cars.

Galant GK1
    do u have any pics and or instructions to follow that i can print out. I think i can do it jsut by what u wrote but pics n stuff like that would be helpful for me. thanks.

I'll try to get some pictures online soon, I dont have a digital cam so it may take a few days. The only key step, once you have removed the cylindrical box surrounding the filter, is to make sure that the air filter is clamped in properly. This seal should be as close to air tight as possible, because you dont want any dirt entering the engine. Again, though, even with the stock filter caps, this is easily done.

00' Diamante LS

ConceptSleeper
    there is a whole nother thread on this, and there are pics on the clubdsm.com n/a links

HP and performance gains

thanks, I'll check that site out to see if they have any info. Meanwhile, I also fitted a K&N filter to the car and the performance change with the overall setup is quite amazing. I'd easily give it a 5-6 hp gain, and the engine revs noticeably quicker. Its something anyone can do pretty easily.

00' Diamante LS

Experienced TGC Member
    http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...t=ghetto+intake

I did the same thing to my car. Though mine is 8g.