The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    mighty
    todo es bueno man

Experienced TGC Member
    not to post on another ones topic, but..... i'm fixin to redo my int. pieces, (already painted), they have a few scratches on them from baseball season, and well, need to redo them. I'm sure most of you have heard of House of Kolour and Valspar? well, they're like 25 mins. from where I live so i'll be going there to get my paint custom mixed to match the color I want, and then put into spray cans, much better then at store I think. It may be a bit pricier but atleast it'll be exactly what I want...
    -Chris

VIO
    i was going to have a paint shop mix the oem silver for my car but it was $25 for a can as opposed to $2.95 for the krylon. with then trim install it's impossible to tell that they weren't painted with the exact same paint as the car itself. of course i believe that was just a lucky find. if i had say a burgandy colored car or an odd color i would have spent the money to have the paint custom mixed for me but seeing as the paint i found is so very very close i could rationalize spending an extra $20 a can when even i can't tell they aren't the same paint. that is a great tip for those with other colors or custom paint for sure!

VIO
    alright, sorry this is late. i was wrong about the brands. it's not krylon it's rust-oleum. the primer is "rust-oleum specialty plastic primer" and i used white. the silver paint is "premium rust-oleum metallic" in silver color. make sure you get "silver metallic 7271" and not "matte nickle metallic 7277 " or the "matte silver metallic 7278" because they're all silver but the "silver" is the color that matches the galant oem color. the clear coat is "rust-oleum lacquer". i've posted links to the manufacture's websites for each can so you can see exactly what the cans look like.

primer
    http://www.rustoleum.com/Product.asp?frm_p...41&SBL=1&dds=40

silver paint
    http://www.rustoleum.com/Product.asp?frm_p...22&SBL=1&dds=16

clear coat
    http://www.rustoleum.com/Product.asp?ddf=1...uct_id=40&SBL=1

mighty
    thanks man!
    I see you are a dj, well I am a music producer (not big, so no PM's ness. ), and an artist.........cool to see we all have other things we do, besides cars.

VIO
    just so you know i got the supplies at lowe's but they have them at menard's as well and you should be able to find them at home depot too. yeah, as for music i've been producing for 6 years and djing for a little over 3. i spin mainly harder stuff. hard house, hard trance, nrg, sometimes some breaks. i'm currently working on a remix of dj reese's track "sick" as well as my fourth cd.

snipe99
    sorry this may be a stupid question but how do i remeove the wood trim

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by snipe99
    sorry this may be a stupid question but how do i remeove the wood trim
    which part? the trim around the radio is just 4 pins. put your hand inside the storage part of it and pull out. the shifter trim piece is the same way, get a flathead screwdriver and pry at one corner of the trim till it comes up. then just pull up on the whole piece. the door trim pieces are a little harder, but nothing too major. just take the door panels off and you'll see the screws that hold the trim in place. be careful though...you gotta unhook the wiring harness for the windows and door locks. do a search on "trim" if you need more help.

VIO
    yep, jeff's right. it's that easy. i'm so used to working on american cars that i still can't believe how easy it is it take apart and re-assemble the interior of these cars. everything fits together so well i never have to muscle anything back into place. i love it. i'm never going back to an american car. unless i pick up another mustang in the future. i still love the ponies.

snipe99
    thanx for the help guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12