The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clear corners?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Bholman

clear corners?

anyone know how or know any links that tell how to clear the corners on a 99 galant?

here u go.. boss

http://tgcny.galants.com/tutorial.htm

oh BTW that site is temp down.. soo u gone have to wait till it comes back up.. i am pretty sure Jason from DNA racings had his own site but i just cnat find it.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    oh BTW that site is temp down.. </div>

that helps dumbass.. i open the page and wait then read what u put UNDER the site... didnt even know it was there i gues im the dumbass too!
    Diego

Bholman
    ha...anyone got any tutorials on a site of how to do it that are up and running now?

open the hood.

remove the grille. its held in by 6 clips. one in each corner. and one in the top kind amiddle and one in the kinda middle bottom.

then remove the turn signal bulb and the socket for the main headlight.

unbolt the headlight. its held in by 4 10mm bolts. one next to the turn signal. one on the top of the headlight and two next to where the grille was.

then remove the headlight. you have to kinda muscle it out. best way i found is to move it towards the center of the car and kinda angle it upwards.

remove the rubber boot around the main headlight bulb.

remove the main headlight bulb.

then in the turn signal hole, get like a hook shaped too or pick and pull the orange reflector out. this will take some time. a screwdriver could work too.

the reflector might come out in big pieces. i usually take the pieces and shake them to the main headlight bulb hole. most of them fall out. but if not, i use a pair of dykes (cutting pliers) and break them into smaller pieces.

shake the headlight so you get most of the crumbs out.

optionally, you can vacuum the headlight or rinse it out with distilled water. if u rinse it, make sure things are dry before you reinstall everything.

when ur done with all that, reinstall everything.

disclaimer: im not responsible if you fuck up

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

VIO
    pinoy is the shit. that man is always coming to the rescue.

When you pull the orange reflector out, you get under the edge that is closest to the main headlight and pry it up right? Toward the turn signal bulb hole? Or does it have to slide along the outsde of the headlight until it is free? hehe, I'm just scared of breaking something other than the orange piece
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!

depending on where im prying will determine the direction of where i pry. if im prying on the top or the bottom of the refletor, i'd try to break the lil tabs that hold it in or pry it so taht the reflector moves towards the main headlight. if i caught the side of the reflector and got up under it, i'd pull str8 back. towards the turn signal bulb hole.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ok, so I guess it doesn't really matter then, thanks.
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!