The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: *update* auto window switch

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    VIO

*update* auto window switch

it is with great sadness that i regret to inform you that i do not believe it is possible to mod the window switches so that more then one window will roll down automatically. nor is it possible to replace the other switches with auto switches. mitsu used a proprietary circuit board to which all the switches are soldered. the auto roll down switch for the driver's window is soldered to the board in such a way that it would not be possible to remove from one board a different board and solder it in place of any of the other switches. the only way to do it would be to design a replacement circuit and pcb lay out from scratch. then find a place to etch your pcb, then remove the components from the old board and place them on the new board. while this extreme method would provide us with fully auto windows it's not cost effective by any means. it would also take a long f**king time. :cry: so it looks as though we're stuck with stock when it comes to the windows. sorry guys...

damn this woulda been sweet
    the pathfinders at my job are like this
    and its nice and convienent
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

here's a kit that would do the same thing. kinda pricey but im sure you can find others

http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=WC1000

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

VIO
    you know. i keep looking at that link you sent me and for the life of me i cannot figure out if that will make all 4 of the windows roll down at once or if it will just work on one and you would need an aditional unit for each window. i know it says it works with every car but i'm not so sure about that as well. i would have to see one of these units in person as well as the wiring diagram. if one unit would allow auto roll down of all the windows then i think $40 would be an ok price but there's no way i would spend that $40 without actually seeing one of these first.

m1k3 r0ck3t
    Its kinda funny that I should read this post. My dad is an electronic engineer and this is right up his alley. I'll have to take my ride over to his place and see if he can do something with it.

I'll post back this weekend (hopefully) and let everyone know what's up. If it can be done, mybe he can offer his services to everyone.

VIO
    oh, it can be done. it's simply a matter of the time and cost to do it. if your pop has access to a pcb etcher then i could send him cad files for a redesigned circuit. the only problem is perfecting the layout of the pcb adn de-soldering and re-soldering all the components. the amount of work involved is not worth the actual return in my estimation. however i would love to see if your pop can come up with something i missed. it would be great if he did because i would really like to have this function.

p.s. i hae a cert. in electrical engineering too.

I had this idea myself, and was searching for a wiring diagram for the switches
    . Time to dig in and see what i can do.

when i had my alarm installed, i had them set it up to where when the car is armed all the windows roll up...when it is disarmed, i can roll all of the windows down. in doing so, the modulators or whatever it was they used to do this allowed all of my windows to either auto roll down/up....