The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: override speed limiter

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    wmaharrisjr

override speed limiter

Dos anyoen how if the apexi or KKS afc will overrise the edu speed limiter, if not then what will?

Nick VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by "99BabyBenz
    change your oil freq. not me i just put a lil more than i should so when i go high speeds therse still oil in the pan.
    Over filling the Engine can cause the gaskets to start leaking

Senior TGC Member
    Hmmm...OD...I hear that you can turn it on and off but to this day I still haven't found the switch My mother's Sienna has it located on the shifter.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

BassmanLN
    are you serious?? well mines on the left side of the shifter, a black rectangle button, im pretty sure it says OD by it too..but if you have an 8G im not familiar w them.

Senior TGC Member
    Hmmm...hehe I don't see anything. Wonder if my manual says anything about it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

On the 8G's the OD is automatic, it's built in.

BassmanLN
    ah that sucks, its fun to hit OD when your on the highway and get a nice boost.

cdaw2001ES
    Just drive around in 3rd all day - same effect-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("99BabyBenz)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â* change your oil freq. not me i just put a lil more than i should so when i go high speeds therse still oil in the pan.</div>

Over filling the Engine can cause the gaskets to start leaking</div> im not overfilling just adding lil more / and i would rather have my gasket leak than no oil in the pan while at 80mph for an hour and half??
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos
    http://www.photobucket.com/sportbikepowdrcoating

MrDomu
    Whats up... I'm in CT and there aren't that many good straight aways here, but I did find one spot on RT8 North, got it to 110 before needing to apply the brakes because of the s curve coming up fast. I've never hit the corners there at more than 70-75, faster than that is simply pushing it and I dont want to die in a horrible crash. Besides, the dumbass behind me will usually pass me there, reallize he's going way too fast, freak out, brake real hard, I cruze by him nice and smooth and its see ya dumbass. Granted its no 135mph+, but going fast and going fast and knowing how to drive are two differant things. I think people forget the are hurdeling themselve foward in a 4000lb (2 tons) chunck of metal. So, go fast, have fun, but please dont die.

On the way to Area 51 in the NV desert, you can haul ass out there. You never see any cars and I've had it up to approx. 130. Since I rarely go faster than 130 there is no need to get rid of the limiter...
    Love,
    Matt