The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carbon Fiber-look Windshield Wipers...

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    monosolodoc

Carbon Fiber-look Windshield Wipers...

I just picked up a pair of these at Advanced Auto Parts. For the driver-side I had to settle for a twenty inch instead of the twenty-four inch wiper. The passenger side no change to size, still eighteen inches. No real noticable difference in how well they cover the windshield. I am quite pleased with them both in looks and performance. This particular brand decided to put double wipers on each wiper replacement. They perform better than stock because of it. I will have to cover the wiper arm with the carbon fiber look later. No digital camera, therefore no pics. Sorry.

ScOtTiE_MaK
    i got the same ones...stay away from rain x.....its double the trouble because of the dual blade..maybe its just me but night driving is blurry...i got to get that rain x off

GalantLadie
    i had them double blade wipers for a while i warn u know mine began to make alot of noise as they got older, i know have "triple egde" brand whipers now and i like them better

You guys should try the PIAA silicon wipers. I will personally swear to them. When it is the raining season down here it works better than Rain X and is so clear. They have it in that carbon look also.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

good thing this topic came up, because im in need of some new wipers. Jason - know where I can get those PIAA wipers? I still have the stock ones on, and they have gone to hell.

never mind jason, found them at tiretrack. think i will get a set
    maybe you know of where to get them cheaper? They want like $45 for the pair.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spy)</div><div class='quotemain'>never mind jason, found them at tiretrack. Â*think i will get a set
    maybe you know of where to get them cheaper? Â*They want like $45 for the pair.</div>

Shit I paid $80.00 when they first came out.

I can check. In fact I should order the replacement blades for mine. Almost winter.

oh damn, looks like thats not that bad of a deal then... if they are the ones you are talking about. Here is the link:
    http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/AccRes...sories&x=76&y=7

That is the same blades I am talking about. It is just the place I bought them from ripped me off. Charged me way to high for what these blades where costing. I called about the pricing and I should recieve a call back later on today. So we will see what I can do for you guys.

mighty
    yeah, please see what you can get them for, for the set......I am interested in these wipers too

sj420
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScOtTiE_MaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got the same ones...stay away from rain x.....its double the trouble because of the dual blade..maybe its just me but night driving is blurry...i got to get that rain x off</div>

i've personally never had problems w/ rain-x. i'm guessing you're talking about the smearing? The problem most people have is that they don't buff the rain-x enough, and they leave a film on the glass. Since it works inside the pores of the glass, you should continue using NEW paper towels and buff until it doesn't smear when you wipe w/ another new towel. I put rain-x on my windshield almost one year ago and it still works. not as well of course, but still works and i've never had smearing even whe i had two wipers for a little bit. Had to go back to one cuz i didn't really like the way it looked.

I've used rain-x for years and never had a problem you just have to make sure you take the time to buff it out enough. i also find that washing the windshield after applying it helps remove the last little bit of excess.

Sorry guys I dropped the ball on this. I was expecting a call back and never got one. I will check first thing in the morning.

Just to let you know. The PIAA's use a one time cloth that has there silicon on it and you wipe your entire windshield with it. After that there is no need to add anymore silicone because the windshield wiper is made of the same silicone base and everytime your wipers wipe it adds more silicone. No streaks and very easy to use. Like I said I have had these for awile now and I am very pleased. No buffing and no worry about excess.

I've had no probs with Rain-x either...the $hit works great
    have had my wipers for almost 3 years now and never had to replace as they are hardly used lol
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

KNJGalant2002
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spy)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh damn, looks like thats not that bad of a deal then... if they are the ones you are talking about. Â*Here is the link:
    http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/AccResults.jsp?category=a_WiperBlades&autoMake=Mit subishi&autoModel=Galant+ES&autoYear=2001&searchTy pe=accessories&x=76&y=7</div>

I don't see the carbon fiber ones on the site though. :cry:

ScOtTiE_MaK
    would i have to take off the rain x and re apply and see what happens...i heard using steel wool, SOS would be alright right???

let me know

Scott