The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Those of you with a VIS CF Hood...I've got a ?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Those of you with a VIS CF Hood...I've got a ?

My hood is installed along with my hood pins. I did it this past weekend. I had to cut the hood so it wouldn't hit the strut towers, but I have a V6 and I remember reading here that the hood fit fine on the V6. Anyway, my question is what did you do to secure the hoses for your windshield washer nozzles? I was going to take all the clips off the stock hood, then drill holes and install them on the CF hood, but some of the clips don't want to come out and I'd rather not break them. If you found a way to secure the hoses without using the clips, let me know, otherwise I'll be going to the dealer to see if they will sell me all of those clips. I have to get the clips for the weather stripping anyway. If anyone has part #'s for the clips that would be good.

Actually alot of us are just not using it. I know I am not. Once I got the new hood on I was like fuck it. I don't use it to much anyway. I would probably bite the bullet on this one and just get the clips. Unless you just want to use double sided tape there really is no way to get it on without drilling. Besides if you use double sided tape there is no telling how long that will last in that hot engine bay.

Got pics.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually alot of us are just not using it. Â*I know I am not. Â*Once I got the new hood on I was like fuck it. Â*I don't use it to much anyway. Â*I would probably bite the bullet on this one and just get the clips. Â*Unless you just want to use double sided tape there really is no way to get it on without drilling. Â*Besides if you use double sided tape there is no telling how long that will last in that hot engine bay.

Got pics. </div>

After I installed the hood and pins, my attitude was kind of the same. I was like "Washer nozzles? Ah, screw it." But, I found myself wanting to clean my windows this morning on the way to work.

I'll have pics pretty soon. I want to finish redoing my grill and install my JDM tails. Actually, I painted the grill last night, but when I put on the clear coat it ran a little bit. Now I've got to sand the damn thing and see if I can fix it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually alot of us are just not using it. Â*I know I am not. Â*Once I got the new hood on I was like fuck it. Â*I don't use it to much anyway. Â*I would probably bite the bullet on this one and just get the clips. Â*Unless you just want to use double sided tape there really is no way to get it on without drilling. Â*Besides if you use double sided tape there is no telling how long that will last in that hot engine bay.

Got pics. </div>

After I installed the hood and pins, my attitude was kind of the same. I was like "Washer nozzles? Ah, screw it." But, I found myself wanting to clean my windows this morning on the way to work.

I'll have pics pretty soon. I want to finish redoing my grill and install my JDM tails. Actually, I painted the grill last night, but when I put on the clear coat it ran a little bit. Now I've got to sand the damn thing and see if I can fix it.</div>

Yeah I am real anxious to see what you have done to the car. It is going to be a big change I can tell.

Yeah screw the washers.

Yea I never hooked up the hoses to the washer nozzles. Since I work at a dealership where we clean and detail cars, so if my windows get dirty I just clean them when I go to work. 8)
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Re: Those of you with a VIS CF Hood...I've got a ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'> I had to cut the hood so it wouldn't hit the strut towers.</div>

So, you're not the only one that cut so it would fit, thought I was the only one. Thought I had a bad mold. I took out as many clips as I could that did not break and located them as best I could so they could be used. When I think bout I have never used the window washers.

Re: Those of you with a VIS CF Hood...I've got a ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cruznnus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'> I had to cut the hood so it wouldn't hit the strut towers.</div>

So, you're not the only one that cut so it would fit, thought I was the only one. Thought I had a bad mold. I took out as many clips as I could that did not break and located them as best I could so they could be used. When I think bout I have never used the window washers.</div>

Some members have to some don't even bother. I never did and I know the hood hits a little bit. I don't have a before and after picture of Nick's (Dragon) when he did it but we compared it to another member of our Team Bryan (Ghostface) and his looks the same as Nick's.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Hell i dont even have wipers on my car to even clean anything, so screw the damn hoses..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hell i dont even have wipers on my car to even clean anything, so screw the damn hoses..</div>

Yeah screw the wipers also but bro..... what do you do when it rains. Always drive above 35 mph for the Rain X to work. j/k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hell i dont even have wipers on my car to even clean anything, so screw the damn hoses..</div>

Yeah screw the wipers also but bro..... what do you do when it rains. Always drive above 35 mph for the Rain X to work. j/k</div>

LOLOL.

Cant wait to see pics DANJ, how long hav we been waiting for now months.....
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the washer nozzles look ugly i think (that didn't stop me from getting washer nozzle LEDs), so i was glad my CF hood didn't have holes for 'em.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Weird, mine was pre-drilled for washer nozzles.

-Mohammad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Weird, mine was pre-drilled for washer nozzles.

-Mohammad</div>

Yeah for some reason some hoods didn't come predrilled at all. Anthony Hourglass didn't have his predriled for anything I think.

well i had the hole where the washer went but under the hood was nothing. What i did was the gap between the cf and the frame i pushed the rubber hosing through it and it barely fit. When I open the hood it gets a bit stretched but works fine.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.