The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant 2.5 V6 tuning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    ritch_w

Galant 2.5 V6 tuning

Hi guys

I have a UK Galant 2.5 V6 Sport/Elegance (looks very similar to the VR4)

do you get the 2.5 V6 in the states (engine code 6A13)?

i'm looking to find out what tuning options are available and if they are suitable for my car.

Also have an Intake question- on the stock intake, under neath the plastic pipe into the airbox, there is a small plastic box or catch tank, (there is also one on the exit pipe from the airbox to engine) does anyone know what these are for and if they restrict airflow etc?

thanks again

Ritch

Hey Ritch. Welcome to TGC. We don't get the 2.5L V6 here in the states. Our options are the 6G72 for the V6 and 4G64 for the I-4. But it does sound like your stock intake is similar to ours on the V6. Those two catch cans are actually resonators to keep the intake noise down. You could conceivably cut them off as long as you securely patch the holes to prevent any leaks.

Post some pics of your car. Yours is one we don't get to see very often, and it will give us something to drool over.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

Post some pics of your car. Yours is one we don't get to see very often, and it will give us something to drool over.
    You have seen that 6a13 at least 10 times...its my new motor

J apmetal
    You dont need to patch any holes BEFORE the filter - infact these will help increase airflow into the engine

any holes between the FILTER and the ENGINE will need to be securely [ideally airtightly] patched to stop dirt getting into the engine and potentially causing serious damage.

ritch_w
    Thanks guys,
    Ill take a look at the reasonateors next week and see about removing them.

I'll try and get some pics posted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

You have seen that 6a13 at least 10 times...its my new motor
    Yea I know I've seen the motor, I even helped push it around the garage. I wanted to see the CAR
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ritch_w
    See pics of my standard UK 2.5 V6 sport Galant here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures...l?id=4289198929

Dmac1969
    Ritch , have you got a Carisma as well? (nice pix BTW!)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    great pics man, i'm lovin it. and i just noticed, the wheels have 4 lugs. pretty interesting.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ritch_w
    thanx - the carisma is the wifes

damn fine car for lugging sprogs & prams about!

Dunc - did u see my reply post on the vr4 forum - with details of a 99 galant breaking in glasgow?

Dmac1969
    Ritch , yeah i did cheers , I think it may be too soon after my wheels and spoiler to afford to strip the poor beastie tho!

Peanotation
    Over here it is only the VR4 8G Galant that has 5 lug wheels , all the others inc the V6 sports have 4 lug ones.

RoniN
    See pics of my standard UK 2.5 V6 sport Galant here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4289198929
    What year is your car? Mine's a 2001 JDM, I like the front lip on yours, very VR4ish. You can check out pics of mine on my profile link.

Mank
    The only 2.5l V6 offered in the states comes in the Dodge Stratus and Avenger. The engine code is 6G73 so I dont know what the differences are. I believe your 2.5l is DOHC while the one in my car is SOHC. Check my website in my profile for an engine picture. I have a 3.0l waiting to be installed (have a pic of that too). Maybe I can give you some ideas.

ritch_w
    Ronin
    I have the 2002 2.5 V6 Sport (log book calls it an "Eleagance")
    The bumper kit and side skirts are all factory standard for the UK sport models.

Dmac1969
    Yeah Dodge and Mitsu had some kinda tie up even before the Daimler Chrysler deal didnt they? I know they shared the V6 coz there was a Stratus at my Mitsu dealer here in the UK , an import in for a service , they also get a Dodge Stealth in for servicing , which I believe is a US version of the 3000 GTO. I wonder if there are any Stratus tuning parts that would fit our 2.5 Galants?

PS just looked in my owners manual , and the non turbo 2.5 V6 is a SOHC unit , i think its only the 2.5 TT in the VR4 which has twin cams.

Mank
    If you have the 2.5l SOHC 24V V6, then the best thing to do would be to drop in the 3.0l SOHC 24V V6 from late model Galants. Its a direct swap.

Dmac1969
    It would be an idea for sure , if we got that car here! Unfortunately we only get 2.0 I4 , 2.4 GDI I4 and 2.5V6 , no 3.0 DOHC V6 (unless another UK spec Mitsubishi uses it , im open to ideas from the UK guys on that one!)

ritch_w
    shogun?
    the old sigma had a 3.0 v6
    but it only pushed out 168bhp

J apmetal
    It's a shame you can't shoehorn the 4.5L V8 from a Shogun in there really :twisted:

Dmac1969
    Ahh the Sigma , a car i thought was fantastic on its 1991 launch! I had a breif drive of my dealers demo back then , a black saloon with leather , it had a superb cd stacker stereo! You never see them now , not even the estate , which outlasted the saloon by quite a while in the UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast