The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replacing the door panel...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    MitsuRacer

Replacing the door panel...

Hey everyone, well as of last night, my passenger side door panel is shot, cigarette burns have totalled it. My 2001's interior is still mint condition except for these 2 small and 1 huge burn mark from stupid drunken friends who are about to have lighter wallets....anywho, I'm wondering if anyone knows how much is costs to just replace the stock panel. I'm trying to keep it a little low key since if my parents see it they will be angry and start asking questions I dont want asked. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys... :twisted:

tim888tim
    I'd say try some local junk yards first. That would be the cheapest option if you are feeling lucky.

if tis teh palstci part. you're pretty much screwed. try looking at the junk yard or telling your friends to buy you a new one. you could take out the body filler and start fixing the panel that way. but you'd have to tell your parents your working on a project to hook up your interior. doesn't fly with most parrents but it works for me.

if its the cloth parts. same thing try the junkyard, if ur friends are rich, the dealer. another option is to buy some fabric like from the fabric store and reupolster the door panel. this would mean doing all four doors if you want things to match perfectly. and yea abotu the rents, its a project. and most of the time tehy can't stop you once you start lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if u get a fabric then go with that carbon fiber look but yea u could go to a junk yard or dealer.... and its not gone be that easy from other members experiences..
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Good luck with that.
    -Pedro

You know I remember seeing someone selling a door pannel, but nevermind, its the drivers side. I would say your best bet would be a junk yark, either that or redot it you could have vinyl, CF, or even get the leather Katzkin