The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installed mesh grilles....look nice?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    THIS IS JUST BS. am i the only one that cant get this MOD Right.. i already wasted 4 mess grills on it,, :twisted: :evil:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

nolc
    Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I
    THIS IS JUST BS. am i the only one that cant get this MOD Right.. i already wasted 4 mess grills on it,, :twisted: :evil:
    BASICALLY....it's like wrapp'n a present, but just a 1/4 of it. Put the mesh over the plastic grille and cut it down, so there's a little over an inch on both horizontal ends. Then screw in a 8#x3/8 (small) size metal screw in the top and then mold it and stretch it to the bottom and put another screw. After that I cut a slit in each corner of the mesh and folded & molded all sides and corners. Does that make sense?

I'll try to get some detailed instructions out when I do it over in the next few weeks. GOOD LUCK...

nolc
    Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 r0ck3t
    Hey nolc, where did you get the mesh? Everyone is telling me to go to home depot, but I couldn't find it there.

Looks good!
    word....you can find the mesh by their gutter systems. it's a gutter mesh guard...you'll see'm.

shyt looks good
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.

mighty
    they do indeed sell it.......it is in the building materials area.....I bought the 20ft roll for 2.94$.
    I tried this mod too, just for the bottom, and I think I cut a piece to short.......it would ROCK, if someone would measure the exact opening for the bottom grill, so I can quit wasting mesh
    your car looks tight nolc!

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by mighty
    they do indeed sell it.......it is in the building materials area.....I bought the 20ft roll for 2.94$.
    I tried this mod too, just for the bottom, and I think I cut a piece to short.......it would ROCK, if someone would measure the exact opening for the bottom grill, so I can quit wasting mesh
    your car looks tight nolc!
    should have bought a tape measure while you where there!!!

you don't want an exact opening size. its better for you to rough cut it and have it a lil bit oversized so you can figure out ways to attach the mesh.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

mighty
    @VIO
    true man, I think I am just going to bend the top up and the bottom down, and just let it sit in there......I really don't want to take my grill out though............it's hotter than CRAP right now in oklahoma!!!!!!!

mtz_roy2003-g
    damn that looks sweet, i went the other day to home depot, and they ran out. so i am going again this weekend to buy some. nice work nolc

GaLanT
    niice. I also think it would look hotter if you painted it gloss black like you said.

nolc
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLanT
    niice. I also think it would look hotter if you painted it gloss black like you said.
    agree...i'll try the gloss black in the next few weeks and see which looks better.

Monkey
    Very nice... Monkey want now!!

went to home depot and loews and nuffin!! ergh!! Then found some gutter mesh for a buck at some hardware store but Monkey don't like...

When my search is over... I plan on doing a cardboard template to assure perfect fit... then line the mesh with some sort of plastic, saw some at home depot, forgot what it was called, that way I can avoid any scratches... Its either going to be tie wraps or glue...

m1k3 r0ck3t
    Now that I know where to look, I'm gonna stop there after work. Thanks nolc

Oh...wait, I have to take my brother-in-laws to freshman orientation tonight. I'm gonna have to go tomorrow and do the install this weekend. I'll post pics when its done.

junito_MiGallanta
    NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE OTHER THAN "PERFECT"...........CLEAR THEM CORNERS HEHEHE THat should of been your first mod oh weelll....lookin real nice mad props to u..

mighty
    well I have tried for about a week straight now, and I can't get the bottom grill in :x

nastyrican2g
    Quote Originally Posted by therealdeal
    Nice work, I agree with cencee clear them damn thangs.
    Yeah thats the move! i agree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12