The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tein update

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Tein update

Here's some info from Tein sales ...

"Yes the 2000+ Eclipse kit will fit on the Galant but the dampening force and spring rates, as well as the drop information would all be incorrect. The weights of the two vehicles are different as well as driving characteristics. All TEIN kits are developed for each specific car, meaning test fitted, height measurements, and road tested on both local and freeway. You can purchase replacement springs to compensate for the weight difference but we only recommend a 1kgf/mm increase or decrease from the original before a revalving is recommended. So, Yes the kit will fit but it was not specifically designed, spring rate and valving wise, for the Galant.

There are plans for an SS-P kit, which is ride height and 16 level dampening force adjustable but no release date or MSRP pricing is available yet. Please check back on our website in the near future for more information, www.TEIN.com .

Staff @ TEIN USA INC.
    9798 Firestone Blvd.
    Downey, CA 90241
    Phone: (562)861-9161
    Fax: (562)861-9171
    www.tein.com"

as of 8/6/03

Well, I believe it's common knowledge around here that the Eclipse suspension components would react differently on a Galant due to weight differences, but only if you are using a 4cyl. Eclipse product on a V6 Galant or vice versa. If you are going with a V6 Eclipse product on a V6 Galant, the weight difference is like 50 lbs or so. The Eclipse can gain 50 lbs easily just by adding a few subs in the trunk. So, if that's a problem, then Tein should tell people not to add weight to their cars or their products won't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Well, I believe it's common knowledge around here that the Eclipse suspension components would react differently on a Galant due to weight differences, but only if you are using a 4cyl. Eclipse product on a V6 Galant or vice versa. If you are going with a V6 Eclipse product on a V6 Galant, the weight difference is like 50 lbs or so. The Eclipse can gain 50 lbs easily just by adding a few subs in the trunk. So, if that's a problem, then Tein should tell people not to add weight to their cars or their products won't work right.
    I was actually getting at the new product they were talking about

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Tein should tell people not to add weight to their cars or their products won't work right.
    That's actually the assumption that Eibach and H&R have when developing lowering springs. They assume we will not be altering the weight of the vehicle drastically. It would seem that Tein has made the same assumption. And of course as we all know...assumption is the mother of all f***-ups.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison