The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Carpet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

New Carpet

Well I was bored today and I need a break from the internet. Even on my days off work I am working on TGC.

I decided to redo the carpet in the G. Looks really good and I will have pictures up tommorow. It is 3:00am now and I am tired as hell.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Yeah..

I cant wait to see the pics! How much did it cost you for the carpet?
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

I'm looking to do the same thing. In fact, I'm about to redo my whole interior. Where do you get the carpet? I've seen carpet kits, but not for our cars.

TheRealDeal
    I cant wait to see it Jason

The carpet only ran me $49.00. I had to call several places that sell carpet defore I found one that sold automotive carpet.

This was not an easy task and me I am no professional. So if I am no professional I don't have really a professional install but it is good enough. There are some creases that I had to make in order for it fit in place and I had no idea the stock carpet is made out of a fiberglass material so I got some on in my hands. :evil:

I am going to wash the car up and take some more current photos. I should have them posted in a couple of hours.

TheRealDeal
    Ill be waiting........

:cry: Thats all I have to show for about yesturday Jason

Quote Originally Posted by therealdeal
    Ill be waiting........

:cry: Thats all I have to show for about yesturday Jason
    I don't see any pictures homie what happened?

mighty
    I would like to see both you guys pictures as well............get em up.

tight - what color did you redo it? blk?
    Semper Fi'

SilverKnight
    after i finish my doors that is next on my list. i and other members asked therealdeal for pics of his carpet especialy the creases but they never came :cry: .

Cant wait to see both of them though.

MnGalant
    Where did you get the carpet from. I dyed my carpet and it looked good until i spilled some water on it and it washed away. I tried replacement carpet from pep boys and it wont form worth a shit. Help please

Green Machine
    I'll be doing this in a few days/weeks, I made the mistake of letting my wife put a pot of beans on the floor of the G on the way to the inlaws, and, well, you know the rest :cry:

escoson
    im gonna be starting my interior in the winter...

::waits for some pics::

Pictures!!!!

These don't do it justice. There are creases in certain parts of the carpet. I would say I am 90% satisfied with how it turned out. Next year I am going to get it professionally done.

I want one. Is that like a universal application carpet? are you gonna start producing them?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

SilverKnight
    looks good :thumbsup:

mighty
    I like that look better

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    I want one. Is that like a universal application carpet? are you gonna start producing them?
    I hope he decides to produce them, i know iw ould get one for sure..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

ScOtTiE_MaK
    how much is the carpet and you just lay it over the exsisting...i would like to get black so i can stop worrying about the bottom of my shoes =)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    I hope he decides to produce them, i know iw ould get one for sure..
    I have been thinking about it and I am currently looking for a manufactuer. I approuched ACC awile ago but they had no intrest in it. They really just blew me off. :evil: You can get some ACC carpet through JC Whitney but the price is like $250.00 plus. To me that is kind of a high price but if you do this mod you know why it is so high. The stock carpet is pretty much a mold of the floor with a fiberglass backing, cushion, and then the carpet. It is just not a carpet that gets layed on the floor.

I know I can go through my usual manufacter but I don't like the conditions that are put on the buy and the pricing. I want to get cheap but quality at the same time. I am going to give this more attention seeing has I know this is not an everyday part I can see a high demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScOtTiE_MaK
    how much is the carpet and you just lay it over the exsisting...i would like to get black so i can stop worrying about the bottom of my shoes =)
    You just don't lay it over the exsisting carpet. At least I didn't. I did cut out a couple of pieces from the old carpet and place it under the new carpet for the cushion effect the old one had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast