The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can CF be painted?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    BXNYMitsu01

Can CF be painted?

I not sure if this question has been asked before, but can CF be painted or will it lose it's protection in some way? Thanks in advance.

excellent question.. I would also like to know. I *believe* that it is, but I am not 100% positive... someone help us out.

Jeff
    i've seen several pics with the cf evo hood painted, so i'm sure you can. if you want to see some of the pics, go to the vendor forum and check out DNAracing.net. should be one of the first threads.

u can do it...
    Diego

yes. it can be done. I plan on getting it done once I actually buy one.

yeah when I purchase my hood I plan on painting it silver to match my car. Thanks for confirming it though guys

thats the only reason I hate CF hoods because they stick out of the car like a sore thumb. If I were to use a CF hood, I would need to paint it.

I dunno, my 2 cents worth

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

yeah you can do it Dave@Se painted parts of his hood
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

BXNYMitsu01
    Hey Thanks all for replys. I just don't like to have a silver car and a CF hood that is a totaly diifferent color. Looks like I got a chopped up car from the bodega.

Paint that sucker.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Why would you want to paint the CF hood back to the stock color, its just a waste of a bad ass lookin hood.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Why would you want to paint the CF hood back to the stock color, its just a waste of a bad ass lookin hood.

its gonna cost more to get the cf hood and paint it then to get the regualr fiberglass one and paint it.,....
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche

its gonna cost more to get the cf hood and paint it then to get the regualr fiberglass one and paint it.,....
    CF on a beige car. Tight.......

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Painting the hood doesn't necessarilly mean you have to paint the entire hood. When I get a CF hood (whenever that is ) I'm going to paint it white (my G's color) at the crease closes to the fenderand leave the major section by the EVO vents the black CF. I hope that made sense, probably makes more sense in my head. Anyways, HCI magazine had an issue a couple of months ago that dealt with painting and had a section on painting CF hoods. Pretty handy stuff. If I can find my copy, I'll see what month it is, just can't find it at this time though.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!