The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: reflective emblem

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Mikenificent

reflective emblem

does anyone know where i can find a reflective mitsubishi emblem?? this a pic of it:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show...859_11_full.jpg

thats probably the chrome one jsut shining with the flash... dealership its on the 02 up i believe
    Diego

I copied another member on here by buying 3M reflective tape and taping over the red. Then CAREFULLY use an Exacto knife to cut out the shape of the diamond. The knife fits nicely between the red and Mitsu symbol. Matches the dover white nicely & looks great. Better than the red.

SilverKnight
    yeah i did the same with the 3M reflective tape check out my singnature.

Yep, I did the same thing with mine. Reflective tape, an exacto knife and a steady hand are a wonderful thing
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I also did the front emblem too, looks really nice and the red doesn't stand out.

akiraflux
    i was gonna try making some of these. actual glowy emblems. i've got it all planned out but well...i'm lazy. and every place i've been to only sells blue tinted plexiglass...

i'm trying to turn over a new leaf though. maybe i'll do it this week.

m1k3 r0ck3t
    Just a thought...what about making it work with the brake lights? Know what I mean...cutting out the red diamonds and replacing that with clear red and a light behind it. I'm gonna have to look into that.

I think the cadies had something like that on thier 2 door coupe convertable a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 r0ck3t
    Just a thought...what about making it work with the brake lights? Know what I mean...cutting out the red diamonds and replacing that with clear red and a light behind it. I'm gonna have to look into that.

I think the cadies had something like that on thier 2 door coupe convertable a while back.
    The only problem with it is routing the wires behind the emblem with enough clearance to still mount it. I already tried it, and the only way I can see doing it is to cut a channel in the back of the emblem to accomodate the wires and the LED's I tried using three LED's and the emblem is not actually thick enough to fully accomodate them without some mods. But I'm not a fabricator, so if you can make it work, go for it.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I used a reflective sticker that I pulled off a parking cone at my job
    and just cut it up to fit perfectly
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

akiraflux
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m1k3 r0ck3t)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just a thought...what about making it work with the brake lights? Know what I mean...cutting out the red diamonds and replacing that with clear red and a light behind it. I'm gonna have to look into that.

I think the cadies had something like that on thier 2 door coupe convertable a while back.</div>

The only problem with it is routing the wires behind the emblem with enough clearance to still mount it. I already tried it, and the only way I can see doing it is to cut a channel in the back of the emblem to accomodate the wires and the LED's I tried using three LED's and the emblem is not actually thick enough to fully accomodate them without some mods. But I'm not a fabricator, so if you can make it work, go for it.</div>

put a piece of thin plexiglass behind the emblem. you'd need to find a way to make the pins holding the emblem fit still. or just use really good tape to connect plexi to emblem and then both to trunk. then you could use the two holes for wires and LED placement. like i said. i've got it all worked out. but i'm lazy.