The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4lug to 5lug yet again

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

4lug to 5lug yet again

yes its been asked before and ive searched and read all the posts and yet have questions still. first of all has anybody done this? parts i need:

5lug hub
    5lug rotors
    calipers?

which hubs will i be able to use, 1g or 2g? i can get 1g hubs easily(4 or 5 1gs in the yard) but i dont think there is a single 2g in my junkyard

if 1gs will work, how does this 1g front assembly look? i can always get new rotors...

anything else? are calipers necessary? i just got brand new brake pads so i dont really want to get new cailpers unless these pads will fit on the new calipers. i broke off one of the bolts on my front driver hub and to me thats grounds to convert to 5 lug in the front

so if i go to the junkyard could i get rotors off the car or would they most likely be in bad shape?

i need info ASAP as i would like to make a run to the yard before it closes today

and finally, is the 8g lug pattern the same as the eclipse/talon? how bout the 3g eclipse pattern?

hey while im at it, i can grab that cyclone intake manifold thats sitting on one of the 1gs
    7g for life!

Moosh
    Check this out seth, it lists all the parts you need to convert from drums to disc, it may or may not help you though.

http://4g64.150m.com/rearbrakeconv.html

:oops:
    7g for life!

Sleeper

hmm

i have done the 5 lug mod. i used 2g eclipse hubs, dual piston eclipse GSX calipers and AEM Gigantic crossdrilled and slotted rotors (front and Rear) for the eclipse GSX. I run on Volk Racing CE28 rims (r18). The whole thing is a bolt on affair that will take about 3 hours of your time

thats good to hear. only reason im putting it off is that those big brake kits cost an arm and a leg :cry:
    7g for life!

Re: 4lug to 5lug yet again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>and finally, is the 8g lug pattern the same as the eclipse/talon? how bout the 3g eclipse pattern?
    </div>

yea the 8g galant and the eclipses use the 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>:oops:
    </div>

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>0WN3D</span>

Post pics when you do it

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

so all i need to convert to 5 lugs to is 2g eclipse hubs, rotors and calipers and that's it? oh wait, i need to convert my rear drum to 5 lugs as well :evil: any suggestions? or should i just get the 94GS rear disc and stay with 4 lugs? ... why 5 :arrow: better assortment of wheels :!:

u mean buy a wheel adapter from 4 -5 lugs? how much would they cost? and how thick it would since i might drop my 7g to about 1"?[/quote]

if you are really serious about things, i'd just go ahead and do the swap. anyways, you can try to sell ur old parts so it won't be a total loss. but yea, many times lug adaptors can be either very dangerous (poor quality) or expensive. that an yea, they do have some thickness to them so they will push your wheels out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yeah, i heard that the lug holes on those wheel adapters are not a direct fit so it's really not a good idea since it'll not only ruin the wheels and tire itself, but the suspension as well. I guess onto drum to disc conversion... onto the junkyard again