The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOOR PANELs???

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    BIGT4003

DOOR PANELs???

Hey im looking to re apholster the material on the door panels. I took them off and looked at what would be involved..and i was frightened. Its all attatched with looks to be a liquid nails or something. I need someone to let me know how to take that part off, and how to get some new material in there. Once this happens, no more smoking in the car for me or my punk freinds. ...................

Im gonna try to get some pics of my car ASAP. Cuz its actaulyl shaping up quite nicely for only having it since feb. AHH those summer nights..

MitsuRacer
    I just posted something like this the other day because my friend burned the hell out of the cloth on the door because he is a retard. At first I thought about buying new, they I thought about scopin out a junkyard, but then I went to the detail center at the dealership I work at and they said they could take it out and make it look new although we havent talked numbers yet I'm hoping its not too outrageous. So if I were you I look around at detail centers or other places that deal with cars and see what they can do. Im getting my damage appraised and hopefully fixed monday so I'll post how it went. Good Luck... :twisted:

GaLanT
    I'm redoing my door panels also. i have only done one so far, but i'm going to finish tomarrrow. What i did was take off the top back part, then i pulled lightly on the cloth part and shoved the vinal right in there, and let it go back into place. Around the edges, i just shoved it in with a dull knife. It's going ok.. Ghetto but ok . When i'm done, if successful, i will post pics and instructions.

tim888tim
    I did this project a few months ago and posted my instructions http://clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10459 Just scroll down to days 3&4. The main thing that I would add is to make sure that you use plenty of adhesive on the underside of the curve of the door since this area likes to stick out.

Good luck

Jeff
    just finished the fourth door about 10 minutes ago. Tim's right, use plenty of adhesive on the curved in part. It's a major pain in the ass the first time you do this. Just be patient with it though and watch how much you trim...rear driver side door has a tiny spot where I trimmed too much, not too noticable though. Mine does look a little rough, but not bad. Alot better than the OEM beige cloth.

EDIT: I just went through some pics of other peoples installs, and almost everyone has the same creases I have...tiny ones by the tucks. so maybe I didn't do that bad after all.