The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I Need HELP! sick JDM 7G 6A12

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

I Need HELP! sick JDM 7G 6A12

My galant is sick... first off i had the timing belt, timing belt tensioner bearing, water pump, oil seal all replaced... my dad have set the timing etc.. (so the car is running) then when i put the timing belt covers back on and other stuff... i had the engine running and filled up the radiator (so air spots get out) it was already warmed up, suddenly the engine stalled... as if it was choking out of air. So i tried restarting it but as soon as it picks up power it shuts itself down... i was thinking of one of the electrical sensors are not functioning properly...

Can somebody please help me with these.... I am considering of calling up an automotive electrician (costs alot) and borrow my dad's friend's analyzer... (my dad's a mechanic)

Hello,
    I don't have the answer to your problem, but maybe you can try putting your question on the RPW forum.
    I had once had a problem nobody had the answer for, but after putting it on that forum the problem was solved.
    I think it is:http://rpw.com.au/
    good luck.
    Mitsupiet.

possible solution

naughtika,
    I have a 6A12 here in Japan and I had a problem with it last year where it just suddenly stopped turning over. I couldn't figure out what it was so I took it to my Mitsu dealer. They said it was the CAM sensor and it is common to go bad on this model. I can't tell you this IS the probl;em, but I thought it would be a start. Hope it helps
    RAW

thanks guys for replying and helping... i haven't tried posting up new topic in RPW but i will soon... next week i will call in an auto electrician to confirm that it is the cam sensor... (in the first place i think it is) so hope all goes well...

again thanks