The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: grille mesh revisited (yes again lol)

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    mighty

grille mesh revisited (yes again lol)

Ok gang, I just can't seem to get this to sit in there right........are you all taking your bumper off to install this mesh? I get it cut right, the angle, etc etc....and when I bend it into fit, I can't get the mesh to unbend (I have tried to use screwdrivers and slowly bend it towards me)
    On another totally unrelated topic (didn't want to start another thread for this) where are you all running your power lead for your amp?....I see NO openings at all, to get the lead inside the car....2003 galant if it helps. I really don't want to pay 60$ for them to install my amp
    thanks again all

mighty
    hello?....
    Okay, where are my self-installers for audio at?
    8g....where did you go through?

first question. the mesh. its easier to install the mesh with the bumper off the car. my mesh is actually friction fitted. i cut mine a lil bit oversized and then slipped the mesh from behind. then with a pair of pliers pulled the mesh towards the front. the mesh bends itself and holds itself in. i just put in a few zip ties so it won't fall out if i hat a rock or some other kind of road debris

second question. for the power for the amp. many people are drilling thru the firewall. another thing you can do is remove the fender line and the kick panel and you'll see a buncha wires running thru there. just follow the wires.

third. all the 8g audio guru's are in the audio forum.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

mighty
    thanks pin

MitsuRacer
    Well if your interested, I just completely totalled the Galant an hour ago but somehow the grill remained undamaged. I put the mesh in and had a shop paint it black. There is one chip in the paint, probaby from one of the trees or the boat I went through, but its still in tact. If i can grab that bad boy tomorrow before they take it to the junkyard, I'll sell it for 30 bucks. Anyone can PM me if they are interested. :twisted: