The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got a Problem with the new suspension

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    JoshGTZ

Got a Problem with the new suspension

I install the progress sport spring on my '99 Galant it drop about 3.5 on front and since I put on it when I hit the gas the front of the car vibrate very hard, I think I'm the only one who have that problem. Can anyone please tell what is wrong with my car? :?:

Senior TGC Member
    I think you're having the same problem as we did when we dropped our cars on the OEM struts. Does the whole car vibrate or do you that that front wheel wobbling feeling?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

JoshGTZ
    Yes that's the feeling, is like a bouncing ball. how do you solve this problem with new struts?

3.5 drop :?: :!: that's alot...you sure :?:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragon)</div><div class='quotemain'>3.5 drop :?: Â*:!: Â* that's alot...you sure :?:</div>

yeah that dont sound like a progress drop
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragon)</div><div class='quotemain'>3.5 drop :?: Â*:!: Â* that's alot...you sure :?:</div>

yeah that dont sound like a progress drop</div>

ROFL......

Damn I only got a 1.8 drop in the fron myself.

I don't really think this has anything to do with the stock struts being used. I have the stock struts and have gotten no problems like this. Now what could be happening is if you have aftermarket wheels you might now have a problem with the Galant being hubcentric and not having the rings on and it being closer to the ground that might be a problem, you might just need an alighnment now since you lowered the car, or you didn't retourqe your lugs after driving it for 20 miles.

I would first check your lugs and then get an alighment done. If that still doesn't cure the problem get the rings.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    when i dropped my car 4" in the front and 3" in the back, my front axles were being severly bent up from teh tranny, the interior CV boots looked retarded, they were so bent up due to the extended drop and me fucking with the geometry. i didn't get any vibrations or anything like that though, just really out of alignment wheels.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragon)</div><div class='quotemain'>3.5 drop :?: Â*:!: Â* that's alot...you sure :?:</div>

ummmm thas alot....... for spring... may be he has Coil Over.....

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Either that or he got Progress Race Springs somehow...
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!