The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wood trim?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    galant2003

Wood trim?

Has anybody put in a wood trim kit for the galant? Any comments or pics on how it came out? I'm thinking about putting it in my car, but not sure yet. I have a galant 2003 ES

Supernova
    If you like, you could get the woodgrain trim peices off a 99-2001 Galant. But I ouldn't recomend it. I looks like poo. Thats why I painted over mine.

check your PM. ill trade you my OEM wood grain pieces for your stock trim if you would like. Email me - [email protected], PM me, or msg me on AIM if interested. Thanks

danj used to have an aftermarket wood grain kit. it accented his oem kit. its not a 100% match but its pretty close.

here's some piks of it
    http://dangerdanj.com

but yea you have a few options. you can get the 99-01 pieces and put them in.

you can then upgrade from there and get an aftermarket dash kit to get more pieces to accent them 99-01 pieces you get.

or you can just get a dash kit made for the 99-03 DE or 02-03 that is in wood.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yeah.... thats the thing with our OEM wood trims. it makes the interior very luxury looking, but its a cheap wood. i mean mine is lifting... i have to smash it back down in place. then again, the doors look nice, so does the rest of the trim when it isnt lifting.

main point: i just get dizzy because the wood makes me feel luxurious, but then i know that this sedan is kinda sporty at the same time. its almost like im driving a is300. but not really. i dont know what im saying. i hope i make sense.

basically, with the wood trim, i feel like its a luxury/sporty car, but the sporty feeling overrides the luxury feeling, so i feel like the wood is not accenting enough.

galant2003

Re:

Ya, that's the look I was kind of going for, luxury sport. I was going to start with the wood trim and then customize the whole interior little by little. Has anybody ordered from http://www.carxccessory.com/? They have what look's like some good quality dash kits.

I was also going to put the Diamante Rims on my Galant and hook up the Mitsu logo in the center with either reflective tape or glo in the dark paint.

galant2003 - did you consider my offer at all?

Check out Alkaplus for the wood trim kit. It's the one Dave and I have and it's very high quality.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

galant2003

Re:

I checked their site, but I was looking for wood pieces. I don't want to go with laminates.