The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Corners...

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Clear Corners...

I have a 93 galant 2.0 SOHC... How the hell do I remove the corner lights at the front of the car. I really, really need to know how to remove the gay looking orange stock corners so I can either clear them or tint them black/blue. HELP ME!

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

Galant GK1
    I'm not exactly sure how to remove them, but i got mine off by wrecking my car haha ( i dont suggest that) but im sure if u just stop by any shop they will either tell u or jus pop them off for ya for nothin. Also if ur lookin for an idea, I've seen a couple galants that have painted the orange part of the corner lights to match the car so they look lke clear corners and im gonna do that with mine.

Rasko Da Gama
    To rimuve them just open your hood, "unlock" the pin wich conetcs to corner lights - I've changed mine to clear cornerz in 5minutes - Both!

Maybe this helps: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...d=331269&page=4

Nice, thanks brother, that definitely did help a lot. Time to go take out my corner lights...

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>To rimuve them just open your hood, "unlock" the pin wich conetcs to corner lights - I've changed mine to clear cornerz in 5minutes - Both!
    Â*
    Maybe this helps: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...d=331269&page=4</div>

Well thats not much of a tutorial :-) compared to the one I just read on this forum on the 7G which seemed to included dismantling most of the car, and using half a litre of sealant.

I know what you mean by the pin, So there is no sealant, glue etc?

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>To rimuve them just open your hood, "unlock" the pin wich conetcs to corner lights - I've changed mine to clear cornerz in 5minutes - Both!
    Â*
    Maybe this helps: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...d=331269&page=4</div>

Well thats not much of a tutorial :-) compared to the one I just read on this forum on the 7G which seemed to included dismantling most of the car, and using half a litre of sealant.

I know what you mean by the pin, So there is no sealant, glue etc?</div>

No bro!
    No pins, no glue, no hard work. Really 5 minutes of work maximum

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'> No pins, no glue, no hard work. Really 5 minutes of work maximum </div>

actually after asking the question i went out and did it, and am now embarrassed that i asked. in fact it was simpler than you wrote, even on the side which has limited access (air intake outlet in the way)

though i did have a minor problems. one doesnt seem to fit flush, 1-2mm gap between light and body, and the other the front clips are broken so it sits flush but not tight. oh well you expect these things with 2nd hand parts. anyway i will fix both with a combo of double sided tape and touch of glue after i replaced the bumper.

and the best part was the wife actually approved. and she whinged like hell when i bought them.

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>...and the best part was the wife actually approved. Â*and she whinged like hell when i bought them.</div>

Whinged? Is it like rolling eyes?=
    Like - come on! Why do you need these? Are your broken or what?

Ahahahahahahahahaaha

And you were like: mmmmm Yes, they broke and I need another pair of them - they are also much better - lol

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whinged? Is it like rolling eyes?= Â* Â* Â* Â*
    Like - come on! Why do you need these? Are your broken or what?</div>

how did you know, thats exactly what she said?

told her they only cost $25. Well I didnt lie becuase when i told her i was only holding one in my hand.

Anyways she knows she cant complain too much, because instead of buying a new car for me, I bought her a newer car, then I got the Galant from her. Then the deal was i am allowed to spend some money fixing up the G. Sounded like a good deal to me except i have just realised that I have technically bought this G twice :oops: and the 2nd time was the same price as it was 5yrs ago! Pls tell me i still done the right thing?

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whinged? Is it like rolling eyes?= Â* Â* Â* Â*
    Like - come on! Why do you need these? Are your broken or what?</div>

how did you know, thats exactly what she said?

told her they only cost $25. Well I didnt lie becuase when i told her i was only holding one in my hand.

Anyways she knows she cant complain too much, because instead of buying a new car for me, I bought her a newer car, then I got the Galant from her. Then the deal was i am allowed to spend some money fixing up the G. Sounded like a good deal to me except i have just realised that I have technically bought this G twice :oops: and the 2nd time was the same price as it was 5yrs ago! Pls tell me i still done the right thing?</div>

G-ride is never owerpriced!
    Of course you did a right thing m8

J apmetal
    The reason the 7g tutorial is so in-depth is partly because their front corners are one piece with the headlamps; so, you need to remove the lens from the headlamp to 'clear' the orange cover underneath then reseal it all so it doesnt leak/mist up !!

MUCH easier with the 6g, I'm sure you'll agree