The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do you have 8G brake problems?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Well u can shoot my theory on my earlier post....just put on the hub rings and the brakes still squeeks. However the noise has been reduced but nothing considerable. So i ordered a set of Axxis ceramic pad from Wood at raceconcept, he said that compared to the semi-metallic ones the ceramic ones are the best ones around and will considerably reduce the squeeking noise. Well this remains to be seen until i receive them and install them.
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

tolowbass
    i had squeaky brakes and warped rotors b4 i got my rims then i ahd it fixed at mitsu dealer and had same prob after a week with aftermarket rims

luxcrusr2000
    I started to have a problem with mine several months after I bought my car. The dealer replaced my pads but not the rotors, and after a while, it sounds like my brakes are grinding and going metal to metal, but I pulled the front wheels off and the rotors are smooth and I have plenty of pad left. When I took it to Mitsubishi, it turned out that the dealer had put very hard pads on my car, which caused the noise. My brakes work very well but are noisy. :?

mighty
    c

john mars

brake problems

i had warped rotors. It caused so much vibration on high sped braking or if my car is full. Finally got some x-drilled and slotted brembos from RRE , they sent the wrong pads,but had it installed with regular pads and it made a world of difference. Now it brakes better than new. I have '17 rims, which i clean very often due the brake dust residues from the front brakes. planning to change to ebc or axxis pads next year.

8ggalant
    ok i had to think twice about answering this cuz now "knock on wood" i probly willl....but i have had zero brake problems with two diff sets of rims...as a matter of fackt as soon as i got the g home from the dealership new wheels went on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12