My after market keyless entry (I don't know the make, it was in the car when I bought it) has been working on and off the past few days and I have to override it with the under dash button to start it. The remote lights when I push it and I just replaced the battery about a month ago.

It is a basic system...unlock all doors and blink the lights. Gives me about 45 seconds to get in and turn the key to start it.

Any ways....last night I had to override it again and when I start the car I have no radio, wipers, fan, air...nothing (I didn't check the dome light). After about a minute or so those items came on. Worked ok ever since. I did go out under the engine and pulled a few of the fuses and they looked ok. :? :?

Any suggestions as to what might have caused this? I am leaving for a trip this weekend and now I am afraid I will get stuck. How do you take these units out if you don't want them anymore?

If I push the override button and don't reset it I think I am bypassing the system. Does this deactivate the system?

Help!